I have burning during sex. It seems to hurt more when my boyfriend is entering then when he is actually inside me. It is making me not want to have sex, what could be wrong with me?

I am having the same exact problems! No body can tell me anything and it is becoming very frustrating for me and my husband. I wish someone new what it is. my doctors keep saying maybe I need to switch detergents or that its just a yeast infection, but I think it's something else. I am very confused as to why they arent more willing to help me. What perplexes me even more is that we are both each others first partners, so there is no way there could be any std's or anything.

you may have an allergy to latex if you are using latex condoms, otherwise you may want to use a water based lubricant.

Sorry to hear this, but I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem..Talking to a MD though I thought I was the only person with these symptoms!! If you find what your problem is, medication, please post!!

I can feel your pain--literally. My husband and I are also one anothers' "firsts," and I have also been checked and re-checked by a gynecologist. We have had sex both with and without condoms, which rules out allergic reactions to either ejaculatory fluids or synthetic lubrications. We have also added extra minutes to our foreplay, and had sex only when I was trouroughly lubricated. My gyn. even suggested my own lubrication may not be sufficient, which led us to use KY lubrication--and lots of--but the pain of the outer opening upon entering was still there. I sometimes feel as if I am being de-virginized every time. My only guess is that our sizes are incompatible. I weigh 98 pounds, and my husband's penis is extremely wide. I have no idea what else it could be and, like you, I seem to be put on the back burner by my doctors when they can't find anything physically wrong. It is frustrating and upsetting and I have shed many tears over the fact that this amazing gift that I waited for for so long involves physical pain. I just try to not think about it and enjoy the fact that I am sharing love with the person I care about more than anyone else. You're not alone. I hope we all figure out our problem...

Yes i have this problem...i lost my virginity 6 months ago to my fiance and it still hurts when entering..i asked my doctor and she checked (he is my first but i'm not his) but i had no infections diseses..nothing..and we use tons of ky plus my own..but nothing helps...i'm on BC but i make plenty of my own lube..the KY is just for extra help..and we use nonlatex condoms since i am allergic..just like the last girl..i am 105 lbs and he is fairly wide too...(i'm 5'4 he's 6'2..so he is bigger all around in general)
what are our docs not telling us....seriously...

I agree

I know for sure that I am not allergic to latex...I get VERY wet...and my husband is my only partner as well. I didn't always have this pain or burning sensation it has only been the past two year out of seven that we have been together. I hate that no one understands what I'm talking about....until I read this board. I am in so much pain lately that I cry and we wind up finishing with a hand job. I feel so inadequate!!!!! I hope a dr. can diagnosis this soon!!!

Like you all I have the same issue. My husband and I have been together for 4 years and this has always been the case. Believe me when I say that we have tried everything to fix this, and nothing seems to help. What sucks even more is the fact that we are trying to have kids. I want to have sex with him it just that there are times where it hurts to much to continue. Which I know doesn't help the situation for him. He has told me many times that he feels inadequate and I keep telling him that it is me and not him. This is really taking a toll on our marriage. I can't wait for someone to figure out what is behind it all.

My fiance has a very large penis and it hurts when he enters but I
have learned to like a little pain. It took some time but I finally got used to him. It doesnt hurt during the sex anymore unless he gets really excited and starts going too deep. (then I just say"easy honey" and he knows to calm down a little. we talk about it sometimes because
he knows he is blessed down there. he is long and wide). But I dont think there is a solution other than to have more sex to try getting used to it.

About the burning, my fiance is the only guy that has ever came inside of me and it burns sometimes. I dont know what that is about but we dont have any STDs or infections either. Until someone finds us some answers I think we are going to have to just suck it up ladies, especially if we have chosen these well endowed men as our life partners. if their penises were too small then we would still be complaining. its better to have too much than not enough.

This is something i thought only was happening to me. No matter how many of my girlfriends i talked to none of them have experienced the pain i feel during sex. I have been with my my boyfriend for about a year and a half. The pain started within 3 months in our relationship. I have gone to the gyno I can't tell you how many times. I have done multiple blood tests, std tests, even hiv. They can't seem to find what's wrong. It seems like my dr isn't that worried about it, but it is so frustrating in my relationship! Then my dr keeps telling me "you know you are very small". I am 5'2 100lbs, and my boyfriend has also been blessed by the gods down there. My dr said it could be the angle because i have a tilted cervix. So in bed when he starts to enter me, I start feeling pain, but I have found out when I tilt his penis up to enter me the pain isn't as bad. The only time it hurts now is when he enters me.

I suggest trying this method. I know what it feels like. Something that should be fun, pleasurable, and special shouldn't hurt as much as it does.

I know what your talking about. I've been dating my boyfriend for 9 months. Everytime he enters me it burns. I've never felt this before. I'm 54 and still really sexually active. This really bothers me. I care for him but it is really causing a problem in our relationship.

Also he can't ejackulate. Which also bothers me. He takes alot of meds. for other problems. I wonder if this is why he can't come.

I have the same burning problem when my boyfriend of 4 years enters and during, whenever he moves, even slightly. I have been to all sorts of specialists and they have concluded that I have Vaginismus. If you don't know, it's the involuntary spasming of tiny muscles in your vagina, a psychological problem.

To me, it doesn't feel like anything to do with muscles, it feels like there's some kind of chemical inside burning me so I'm not convinced that it's vaginismus but I don't know, maybe the muscles cause that type of pain.

Anyway, they have said that to get rid of Vaginismus, I need sexual councelling. I tried this and it didn't work.

I get the burning with or without condoms, with or without lubricant so it's nothing to do with that, it's just the fact that something is inside me. They said that Vaginismus can be caused by any kind of traumer, anger, stress, etc.

I wish we could find out the answer because this is not helping our relationship one bit!

I've had the same problem, and I need to know how I can get tested for an allergy to latex.

With regards to partners being small versus males being "wide" there shouldn't be pain. My husband and I are the same way, but when we first had sex he actually tore something besides the hymen. Now there are no problems. You should have your partners "stretch" you during foreplay, and see if that has any affect.

i have the same problem as well. during sex i start to burn so bad i have to go to the restroom and splash water on myself and it still doesnt go away for 15 to 20 minutes after intercourse. weve only ever been together so it cannot be an STD. im so relieved to find others who share this terrible issue. please post if you figure something out. :(