Hi there i was just wondering if this is normal me and my girlfriend try to have a active sex life during shes pregnant (11 weeks) but shes been having pain during intercourse and we need to stop because of this. she explain it as if when we are having it my penis is rubbing/hitting of something when i thrust in. shes became how can i say more tighter than usually and i find it hard to actually penetrate her as i used to do. i make sure shes fully relaxed before hand with plenty of foreplay and that she comfortable but with no luck. i've also tore abit on my foreskin because how tight she was so i have much needed time or a excuse not to have intercourse with her untill i heal. shes feels like shes let me down big time and blamed herself for my injury :-( so she always wants to try make me happy by trying again see if theres any difference . shes trying to initiate sex alot and i dont really want to incase she feels like shes let me or herself down again. has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance take care.

My advice to you is to definately wait til you heal, you don't want to go and make it worse...as for her being pregnant and the two of you still wanting to have a normal sex life...she's only 11 weeks along its a strange concept at first, having sex and being pregnant. I'm 5 months pregnent now and it took my boyfriend til i was almost 3 months to get it "right" its all in trial and error. the doctor will tell you to go ahead and keep having sex, but you may just have to "mix it up" try a different position or even simply introducing a little lube into the act...its just sex, its nothing to stress out about.

Crystal

I can tell you this much....while i was pregnant with my daughter, which is 6 now...i had sex alot and didnt have any pain with it, but when i was 32 weeks along i went into labor right after sex. The doctor told me that it wasnt because i was sexualy active right before. But later found out that i had a week cervix and it was the cause. Now i am pregnant again im 23 weeks in and i dont have intercourse so much cause its painful...i have tried every position and lub and nothing helps. But my doctor told me if it hurts then dont do it. He also wants me to be careful so i dont send myself into labor again. So if you want to b e sexually active during your pregnancy, please check with your doctor to make sure your cervix is stable enough towards your due date.

I get alot of pain down there during intercourse and i thought it was normal and then my doctor told me after a regular maternity visit that i have to get an abnormal pap smear cuz i have cell changes in my cervix and that left me worried :-(

i have the same problem to, when i was pregnant with my first son which is still 11months old, i was sexually active and have been having sex right until i went into labor. Now that I'm up again, i don't feel like having sex at all because every time i do it, i get a lot of pain around my virginal area and it takes days for the pain to go away, sometimes i don't sleep well and can't even spread my legs a part because it'd just too painful and sometimes it gives out this stinky smell and i always feel embarrassed about it.
have gone to see the doct9or and they gave me medicine but still it didn't work. and i forgot to mention that i had Ceaserian with my first son.

i really need your help and also if you could advise me if my ceaserian play a part in this too.

you may have a yeast infection very deep inside the tissue of your vagina.
or maybe your husband is sleeping around and gave you the clap.

i have the same problem.
im 18 weeks pregnant and its too painful. im getting married soon and im worried my wedding night will be riuned because of this :-(

I'm thinking that I might be pregnant, but not quite sure yet waiting to see if its all in my head. When I had sex with my boyfriend tonight I felt like he was hitting something and I know it couldn't be the baby, but I was told it was probably just the cervix. But is the cervix low and hard because I am pregnant?! Trying to find out as much as possible before I go any farther with this. Help.

Well, I've been listening to all the responses and I was just wondering was i pregnant, because all of a sudden, I've been having pain when I have sex. I love having sex with my husband, but now I don't like it all. My period in due in 4 days, I guess i'll find out then. I've never experienced this before. do anyone have advice.

So, i am kind of lost and trying to figure out what this means, i am a week late on my period, 3 tests were negative but i have a lot of pain during sex, what can it be?

Look i didnt get my period one month but the next month i did...i had taken 4 test they all came back negative...and then one week i felt really sick threw everything up and smells got to me i took another test it came back positive so i went to the doctors and to find out i was already 4 months pregnant!!! u need to get o a doctors asap if you think your pregnant because if you drink or smoke you deffinently dont want to be doing that while pregnant... woman can have there period up to 5 onths pregnant some even the whole pregnancy so you deff need to be careful and listen to your body!!! No i take a test( the one that worked) every 2 months just to be sure lol so caution to you all out there who think you are..

To all the ladies with late periods it is quite possible that if you were sick within the last month, or are currently fighting and infection of some sort, your period can be delayed or not come at all. If sex is also painful you may have a pelvic infection of some sort and you should take care of yourself by finding out if this is true.

Hi. I'm 17 weeks and 4 days I had sex last nite and now my belly is hurting I got woke up whit the pain plz can anyone tell me if this has happen to them should I not have sex any more ? Plz help thank

I'm not sure how everybody missed this and didn't call BS on it but you can't rip your foreskin in a tight vagina 4real the only way you would rip your foreskin is if your "girlfriend" is plastic blow up.. if she's so tight then she would rip not you... my girlfriend is 28 weeks prego with twins and 2nd pregnancy .. during both pregnancys she has pain in her lower vagina it looks and feels chapped.. she she has no stds ...had uti and bladder infection tests and all came back negative... doctors and websites say. Its uncommon but obviously its not I haven't found any answers why we have to stop having sex because she's in pain after 15 minutes after penetration. But its a problem that will have to be felt with until she heals after birth it sucks but sex isn't everything

Hi, did your girlfriend manage to find the problem?
I'm 34 weeks pregnant, back when i first fell pregnant sex was fine, but then the same thing happened, i got alot tighter and it's soo painful, i try and push through the pain, but my partner can see it's hurting me, I know he is disappointed when i have to stop him, so it's really bringing our love life down.. Did your girlfriend manage to find away to make the pain stop? Would be really grateful with some advice. Thanks :)