Yesterday I felt an sharp pain in my lower right abdomen during sexual intercourse. Today I still feel a dull pain in that area when I press on my abdomen. Other than my typical Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms I haven't been having bowel troubles. I'm very worried that this could be a problem with my ovaries or uterus. Should I see a doctor about this or would it be best to wait a few days to rule out a strained muscle (or to simply wait for the pain to go away)? Thanks in advance.

I guess you wrote a year+ ago! I hope it worked out. I just wanted to reply to say GO TO THE DOCTOR. I ignored my problem b/c it was on and off for 2yrs. I still have it. The DR's have not found what it is. Although, I can't say I've done my due dilligence and done 100% of the test I should have done by now. My symptoms get worse when I stress, IMMEDIATELY when I have a stressful thought. In addition, I've suffered depression for 4 yrs+ which I think may have caused this. If anyone has a similar story and has a diagnosis, please share your story with others!!

Hi
I've had the same pain for over 2yrs now, this pain is on and off, but its now worsened I sometimes feel as though my fallopian tube on my right leg side is about to burst, having said that, I visited a gynocologist she examined me thouroghly but found nothing, she further said since my uterus is small or something of that sort, this might be the cause of this pain. I explained that I get this pain mostly when Am in a sexual intercourse and end up doing on one position for my comfort, I still can't figure out what causes it or even the treatment for this.
I'm going to book a fallopian tube scan as well as pelvic ultra sound and a CT scan too, with all the three related areas I guess something might be detected, if there's anything. I suggest you do the same for your peace of mind.
Good luck all! I will post more information from my scan results.

My problem sounds similar to all of the above - two nights ago during intercourse i got a severe sharp pains on the lower right-hand-side of my stomach. To put it bluntly, my partner and i weren't doing anything wild, in fact it was simple missionary but initially with my right leg raised. this is when i started to feel a twinge and had to put my leg down, but then when continuing just as normal is when i got the severe pain that we had to stop, i was in tears..
My partner wasn't being forceful or anything like that, and he is no bigger than the average, so i'm quite concerned as to what this pain is that i'm feeling??..It's not the first time i've had pains here, but never quite so severe :-(

Anyone any thoughts/advice?!

x

Can any of you follow through with any information? I am having the exact same thing. Exactly the same. I've been for an ultrasound, ruled out STDs, and a fit young woman of 24 who had a -great- sex life before about a year ago. Been trying to figure out what has been wrong since. :-(

I had this type of pain before my hysterectomy, and turns out mine was caused by a baseball-sized ovarian cyst, which was attached by scar tissue to one of my other organs (had scar tissue from 2 c-sections and peritonitis).

Well, my issue is that I've had all tests for STDs, my pelvic exam, my IUD checked, AND been checked for ovarian cysts with a pelvic ultrasound. Definitely not preggers, and otherwise I'm in great health.

Still same thing - limited to certain sexual positions, and usually when my partner and I are doing doggy style it is the worst - I used to love this position!! I notice that at certain points when I'm really full I kind of feel the sensation, and it's definitely on the middle-to-right-side of my body.

Seriously, any help on this and I owe you so much thanks. I'm only 24, and I used to have a healthy sex life. What could this be?

This happened to me this morning! It's happened before just never quite as bad.... I thought I was going to be sick! My husband was really worried about me... I'm worried about what it could be....

Check to see if you have a tilted uterus. If you do, just do strengthening exercises in the comfortable position to keep it in that comfortable position. You can be born with it tilted, or have it tilted. Avoid uncomfortable positions until you re-adjust it. It can be fixed.

This problem occurs to me as well. and the pain is pretty severe. I have been to the OB as well and done ultrasounds. The only answer that I have gotten is painful ovulation is the reason. I guess it kind of makes sense because the pain only occurs for about a couple days or so and then goes away.

my problem sounds pretty much the same as the above but i have had it for a while-it started as just a dull ache in the middle-right side of my stomach but now whenever we have sex (which is quite rare because the pain is really bad now)i end up in tears and we have to stop! then i'm sore for the rest off the night and tender for the next day.

I am really concerned about what this could be, i have an appointment with the doctor today but i an nervious and embarrased aboput going :$

Hi everyone, I have the same problem, its really sharp pain during intercourse. My doctor told me because am on Birth control, sometimes this causes sys to grow on ur ovaries, so during intercourse the penis might touch the sys and this cause a problem and thats y we feel the horrible pain.

I have the same problem and had a hysterecomy as the doctor thought that would cure it. No such luck. Still looking for an answer.

hey everyone! i have been having the same symptoms, it started when me and my husband were getting intimate. i could not bare the pain afterwards. i acould not walk for a day and ahalf.. what is going on??? what should i do?? :-(

okay so im 16 goin on 17 next month. iv had the same problems, its not only during intercourse. at random times of the day i get these sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen. hav for a little ovr a year. i went 2 the native clinic and saw doctor freeman, she did a pelvic exam and std check. my results came up negative for everything. she said i hav swollen fallopian tubes and 2 come back aftr the medication she prescribed me was gone. so i did. nothing swollen nothing. im still having the same probs. its common in my family for women 2 get cervical cancer. my grama and mum got it wen they were in there 20s, my grama laura got it when she was 30 sumthin. is it possible 4 me 2 hav it at 16? i try 2 tel the doctors i need 2 get the hpv shots and they dont listen. advice anyone? thx.