this is my first time on here and hope someone can help. i recently had an anterior cervicle fusion c6-7 and i had pain in my shoulder feeling like it was torn before and after surgery when i push or brought my right arm across my body but only with the arm bent. i had this feeling about 6-7 weeks before surgery and its been 4 weeks since surgery and i still feel pain. my docot said it was because of the nerve being compressed. anyone know how long it takes for the nerve to decompress and feel better again? or has anyone had the same thing n still has it a long time after surgery? thanks 

in2000 I hadc 456 fused and in 2002 c3 and7 joined them I still have pain in shoulders and radiating downback between shoulder blades they are telling me the accident caused fibro.in 1976 I fractured tail bone and now l6threw s2 are bulging and degenerated I was a hair designer for 30 yrs. and have been unable to work senxe 2992 pain gets so bad I throw up and right leg well go so numb I fall down what can be done to just so I can get less pain I take lyrica 150 3xday and 300 of gabapentine at bed I also take hydrocodine #10 about 6 or so a day mighr as well just takeasprin none of it works 

I had C-4 thru C-7 anterior and posterior surgery done in July of 2012, second surgery. After which I experienced the same thing, left arm and shoulder was extremely painful, getting a shower and washing my hair was so bad. I couldn't even left my arms. Anyway I was told it was called C-5 palsy. Common with this type of surgery, have you asked doctor about that. Just a thought. It takes time, mine is not 100% still after 8 months, I don't think it ever will be, but it does get better and more tolerable. Rest and be ready for PT in the future. Good luck

yes,it has been almost 2years and my issues much the same as yours are getting worse,not better. good luck

I have had exactly the same thing..C6 and C7 are now fused. I have only been out of surgery for 12 days. The only pain I have is in the right elbow. The surgery I had Was called ACDF. My right hand is tingly once in awhile, but no pain there. The pain in the elbow is only once in awhile, Before the surgery the pain was so bad it would bring tears to my eyes and my right hand and fingers would go numb. i had pain shooting up and down my arm. Across my right shoulder blade and collar bone. That is all gone now. I am following the Doctors order to the letter. I will keep in touch,
M.A.K in Iowa