I had a an ACDF in Hove 15 2011 at C6-C7. I started having pain down my left arm after the surgery along with severe pain in my neck, shoulders and mid back.  I had another MRI and it showed a herniated disc above the fusion. They went back in and did another ACDF for C4-C6. Now I am having severe pain in my shoulders and mid back, neck and own my right arm again. I am 36 and have been off work since November. I am about to be terminated from my job. The pain meds I am on are Hydrocodone and SOma. I have taken them since November and feel that they are not working as well. I am at the end of my rope. I am miserable.

Hi Stacy I had ACDF in October 2011 at C3-C4.  Since my surgery I have severe pain in my neck, back, shoulders, and mid-back. I have severe pain on my right side- in the shoulder area that prevents me form getting dressed in the mornings alone.  I have right-sided cluster headaches and I’ve had another MRI that shows bulging on the C5/C6 along with nerve impingement.  I am also living with Fibromyalgia.  I understand how you feel and how difficult it is for you to function.  What helps me is rest, heating pads, Flexural and Hydrocodone. I have decided to retire from my job of 24 years at the age of 47.  I did not anticipate retiring but with the pain, fatigue and depression I can no-longer push myself to work.  Continue to listen to your body and don’t over do anything.  I’m fearful of another surgery and any additional cutting to my body.  I wish you the best.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />