I had an embolisation of a uterine fibroid two years ago and have started feeling sharp pains in stomach /groin area for the past few days.. i had these pains before the embholisation so do i take it that the fibroid has grown back / :-(

Health Advisor
From what I have been reading on uterine embolisation, it is not known whether fibroids can re-grow after the procedure. There are no such reports in the published files as a long-term effect.
It could happen that the arteries, that were blocked to limit the blood supply to the fibroids and therefore shrink them, may reopen and allow the fibroid re-growth.
However, this seems to be rare and happen in only 10% of the women who underwent the procedure. It is also possible that the new fibroids have showed up.
If you are experiencing pain, I would suggest you visited your gynecologist and had it checked to make sure everything was ok and rule out any problems. I hope everything turns out well for you.