I’m a football player. I play football for five years and so far I didn’t have any main injuries. I think I was lucky so far. I know that there is no such thing like everlasting luck and that moment of injury had to come. That happened last week. I thought it is nothing serious. Nevertheless, I visited my doctor and he claim that I injured my groin. He gave me some medications and sent me home. Several days passed but I still fight groin discomfort. I need to go back to my trainings. How will I get rid of this? Please help!

You said that your pain didn’t go away several days after you visited your doctor. You should check that maybe your groin discomfort is caused by something else. If you feel strong pain, a pressure or fullness, then causes also can be kidney stone, ureteral stone, inguinal hernia, prostatitis or various forms of testicular torsions. Groin discomfort can also occur after minor testicular trauma. You shouldn’t exclude possibility of torsion of appendix testis. You mentioned that you are football player. Athletes sometimes suffer from inguinal hernia and maybe your groin discomfort is caused with one. If you had severe muscle or groin pull then you might suffer this disorder. In some milder cases you would solve this problem with rest, and aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications. I suggest you to visit your physician again and have detail examination. I hope everything will end up OK.