I have had heavy bleeding and release of blood clots all month. I am trying to get pregnant. Can having fibroids affect the reponse on a pregnancy test?

Two years ago I was diagnosed with a fibroid, now it is about 6 cm. I was about to schedule a laproscopic myomectomy to have it removed when I began having symptoms of early pregnancy. I have nausea, headaches, fatigue, food cravings, certain smells send me running for the bathroom. The symptoms have been going on for about 5 weeks now, and the dr's do not know what is wrong with me. I have taken urine and blood pregnancy tests which all turned out negative. I have had two 'periods' although they were lighter and shorter than normal, and I usually have horrible heavy periods with cramps and migraines. I have also had full blood work done that came back normal. What could be wrong with me? Does anyone know if fibroids can alter the result of a pregnancy test? Does anyone know!!!

I'm sorry can't quite give you an anwer but I can add that I am going through a similar situation that your story... What I do know is that if you have fibroids, they do compete with the egg for space and bleeding can still occur until 12 weeks pregnancy (or so), until the uterus finally takes over; not sure how this affects your pregnancy test though as I am not qualified to give advice; I'm not a doctor. The only confirmaiton is an ultrasound which you can take without a doctors referral from I think eight weeks onwards but you have to go private!!! Please let us know how you get on. Ta

Hi Daisy, i have very similar problem to you. Diagnoised with 2 small fibroids last year I'm 34 years old, and think i am 9 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby, have all the pregnancy symptoms like you had sore breasts, very swollen belly, all day nausea, sudden weight gain of 6 pounds in 9 weeks{I'm super healthy and never normally gain more than 1-2 }, 2 very light "periods" which lasted for 1-2 days, which is completely different to my heavy 4-5 day periods with cramping migraines. done several clear blue pregnancy tests and 2 cheaper store brands all negative. how did you get on, i see your post was over a year ago? Were you pregnant? Was going to make a private appointment with Gyn but 300 euro per visit, maybe i should try and get a private ultrasound? Love to know how you got on? Thanks Alison

alison, I am going through the same thing you are....what happened in your case

am miss jane ajanaku i got married this year.and i have fibroid that people think am heavy.pls i last saw my priod in august 22 2012 but uptill now i havent seen it yet.went for a blood test is negative.pls help me ok

I have the same as you!!! I look online for answers but no one updates and gives us what did happen. I really need to know if you are pregnant. I feel so pregnant but got a negative urine test. I had 5 pregnancy and this is my six or feels like my six. Please update us on your story....plz :)

I missed my period so I said let me take a pregnancy test. Took the clear blue digital test came out pregnant 1-2 week. I didn't really believe it so I took 2 more which came out pregnant. Started getting some cramps so I went to the doctor, they took 2 urine test and a blood test. Urine came out negative and the plus test came out unsure. It's a 5050 chance. Come to find out I have a little tiny fibroid in my uterus so now doctors are telling me that the fibroids made my home pregnancy test positive. To be honest I don't know what to believe, and I don't know what's going on with the blood test so I don't know if am pregnant or not. I wanna believe that I am but I don't know if its really the fibroids that's giving me a positive result on a pregnancy test. Can someone please give me some answers.

hello..im in a same thing.. update pls.. im 23 years old and im so worried.. what happend in your case..?

Hi i know that I am super late but hopefully someone comes accross and finds my experience helpful. I have a uterine fibroid 3cm i took a home pregnancy test once after my first missed period but it was a big fat negative....sooo , I went to the doctor she did a pelvic exam, blood test and urine test everything was negative a week later she sends me in to have a sonogram done to determine weather my fibroid has grown or not... and guess what!!!!....it was no where to be found. So i ask do the see a fetus or an embryo at least. ..lol... but there was nothing. So i go back in two weeks later and asked her may i please have another test done. She agreed and booya it was a Big Fat Possitive. She did a sonogram same day and guess what... i was 4months pregnant.... my son is now 2 years and a half .... just make sure if you are trying to conceive to eat healthy and stay away from the alcohol because you never know

Oh yeah one more thing i bleed for the first three or two months.... whats even crazier is how can the have not seen my baby smh... think god my husband was always around when my friends offered me to drink some tequila it was around easter at the time and they were having a cook out ughhh thank god for this man because those taquillas were nice cold and pretty tempting

I am going through very similar situation I haven't had a period in more than 3 months took a test it was negative I do have fibroids but I am experiencing alot of symptoms related to pregnancy so I don't know what to think I guess I'd have to get an ultrasound done

I was diagnosed with fibroids last year and the doctor advised me to try to conceive for 2 years. Now Ive missed my period for 2 weeks and had 4 pregnancy test 3 at home and 1 at the hosp Lab all were positive. Is there anyone here can tell me if its possible to test positive when you have fibroids? I only had 1 fibroids its like a size of a tangerine.

Well im in a similar situation its not a reply actually looking for an answer i have fabroids was given treatment as i was advised they still small they can be managed with pills tgat was in December 2016. After taking the treatment i experienced less pain , less bleeding and the less need to urinate.. i had light periods on the month of February 2017 and now my lower stomach is swollen and its hard took two pregnancy test came both came out negative yet my stomach is still growing...can i get some advice which steps to take

Wow what an experience, I have fibroids too and have an experience where I have weight gain, lower back pain and left side back pain, increased appetite (which I have thought could be stress eating). My period was delayed at first but it's comes on now but not as heavy as it was so it is somewhat different I did three pregnancy test all negative, I went to gyn, pregnancy test negative, did ultra sound and I have a cyst on right ovary where I have no pain at all, so I guess it's still the fibroids and cyst causing nausea , urine frequency, I guess sometimes I wonder if the fibroids could hide a pregnancy, I am also very tired a lot more than usual, when they checked my blood they said everything was ok, so I am puzzled maybe my hormones are out of whack too, has anyone else had similar problems too