wondering if anyone had any fertility problems before myomectomy. then after surgery they didnt have fertility problems

Myomectomy is a surgical procedure to remove uterine fibroids and leave the uterus intact so that you can still have children after this because the other alternative is hysterectomy.

Did you undergo this procedure or you are suffering from that nasty uterine fibroids and you want to get rid of them? There are some problems regarding this procedure when woman under age of 40 are considered. I am not sure why this is like that but I know that I don't like it. Hysterectomy can be very nasty and can have severe consequences and it is either to do it or to walk around with uterine fibroids inside of you.

Please share with us if you have undergone this surgery and how was your experience. Do you want to have more children and how old are you anyway?

Any information is useful so please share. Thank you in advance.  

Hi, i am asking this question on behalf of my co sister. she has been diagnoised as secondary infertility & she has 3 large utirine fibroids. doctor sugessted her to undergo myomectomy. But we all family members are scared about this. she is 38yrs now, if something happens to her uterus & if she is not able to concieve in future then what? so please somebody help us in this, what are the chances of pregnancy after myomectomy?

I had a myomectomy nearly a yr ago to remove eight large fibroids, they were only able to remove five due to me bleeding out. I required 3 units of blood and 2 units of platelets, plus developed illeus of the bowels afterwards. I was 32 and had no kids and wasnt planning for any in the immediate future so I dont know my chances of ever getting pregnant (which is a fear of mine )... I still need to go get the remaining three removed, but they arent causing any problems and my cycle has returned to normal.... So I am going to hold off on the next surgery for now.....

I had a very large uterine fibroid removed in August 2009. The injections that I got from the generic form of Lupron were painful, and bloody (thanks for the heads up on needle size doc) but shrunk the fibroid down to a manageable size so that the doctor could cut horizontally instead of vertically. In my drugged out stupor at the hospital (spent two days there) the doctor told me the fibroid was almost as big as her first born. (gee thanks a lot) . On the one hand, I am glad that the injections helped, but I feel that there are some side effects that would have been nice to know about. For example, my side effects included constant sweating (head, body, feet, everything). Also, another side effect was becoming SUPER suuuper spacy. Like on another planet spacy. Quite a change from my usual self. Did not like that at all.

This year (and 4th qtr of last year) we have been trying to conceive. It's been a challenge and we might book an appointment at the doc's office if this round does not pan out.