Hi, I'm 19, few days ago I have noticed three small and round bumps on the inside of my left leg in the groin area between my vagina and the thigh. I noticed them 3 days ago, ever since they started growing in size and they seem to be increasing in number also. There are seven of them now and they hurt a lot. The first three have grown pretty much to the point that they are preventing me from walking normally. I have done some research and found out that the growths like that in the groin area are lymphatic glands and that they can be a sign of cancer developing in that area. Is that true? How can I know if I have cancer or not?

No, swollen lymphatic glands in the groin area don’t necessarily mean that you have cancer. Swollen lymphatic glands, in general, mean that there is some kind of an infection in the particular area or that some foreign body or an organism got stuck in the lymphatic nodes and the swelling is the sign that our body is trying to prevent whatever got into the gland from progressing further into the body, thus defending our body from infection. Most of the times it’s about bacteria, it means that there’s some kind of a bacterial infection in your case in the groin area, and that the bacteria tried to get to the rest of the body but they got stuck in the lymphatic gland. It could also be cancer, but there is really no way to tell what is the cause of swollen glands until your doctor takes a look at you. First you’ll be given an antibiotic to eliminate the infection, if the nodes don’t disappear it’s probably cancer. But before jumping to any conclusions I think you should talk to your doctor about your problem.

ive been suffering with swolen glands in my groin since i was about 10 years of age im 20 now dont know what it could be it only happens every couple of months

Hi I'm 18 and I recently had an infection. My doctor gave me some anti-biotics which seemed to have cleared the infection, yet my glands on my groin haven't gone down. I'm really nervous that it may be something serious.

im fifteen and have the same problem one side i have a lump and it has got bigger during the last couple of months, i thinks its just the glands.

I am 23 and I have had a swollen gand in my groin for about a week now and it is causeing my feet to swell up REALLY big. I am fixing to go to the Dr. and I will let you know what happens.

I recently found I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin which are uncomfrotable. I just was dx with a yeast infection. I am hoping that the cause is because of the yeast infection. I also have some leasions which I hope are just from the yeast. I am 35 and have never had yeast before. When ever I have anything wrong in the vaginal area, which is so rare anyway I do worry. Are the swoolen glands due to the yeast infection or could it be something else?

Have this checked out by an obgyn Have a PAP smear and an HPV test so cervical cancer can be ruled out. It sounds like your body is trying to fight something.

it could be that ur body is just tired to. or rely sterast out

I think you can contact with you doctor some time ago i have also same problem i told to my doctor and i give me some anti-biotics and some more tables for my good health.

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Groin swelling. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

I'm 21 and i also have swollen glands in my groin. I was put on antibiotics and the swelling did not go down. So I went under surgery so they could remove one gland and test it. It tested negative for everything.....so the doc told me i just have large glands and I have to deal with it....so it doesn't quite mean you have cancer or bacterial infection....You may of had large glands you just never noticed them like what happened to me

Im 20 and i have had a swollen gland in the same place between my thigh and my vagina for over three years i would say...and ive been to the doctor multipul times and even had an ultrasound on it...it swells up and get super irritated and hurts if i wear any sort of restricting clothes on it such as underware...so i have delt with it for a while...and i was givin ani-biotics for it in the beginning and nothing ever happend it went down as usual ....it comes and goes but its always there a little bit...its seems like the more irritated it is the bigger and more painful it gets

If area in the inner thigh region has a small bump that is less than about .75" inch large then it is a normal sized lymph node. But this area in the medial thigh is also a site for many hernias to develop. If the bump is increasing in length or is already large or is painful in any way then it should be checked for a diagnosis. But if the patient does have a swollen lymph node and it does not decrease in size after to weeks there is no good determination that it is probably cancer. There are many factors before jumping to that diagnosis. I would although recommend getting the area examined.

When glands swell after an infection they sometimes never go down, but theres nothing wrong with that