I am 34 yrs old and had a myomectomy surgery last year and i am scared that i will never be able to have children. Is at all possible to concieve after myomectomy surgery?

Yes, it is possible to get pregnant after myomectomy as uterus remains intact during this procedure. However, if scars are left on uterus during myomectomy, there could be some complications regarding fertility. Statistics show that 40-60 % of the women who underwent the procedure do get pregnant.

Are you already trying to get pregnant? All women after age of 30 have less odds of getting pregnant and should closely monitor their pregnancies, and everything you do, consult a doctor.

I am a biabetic and had still birth three years ago.but after the still birth,I have been experiencing this stink and brown water that always come out of me.can you help me please? :$

I understand what you are going through. I too had a myomectomy three years ago. I waited two years to get pregnant. I got pregnant but unfortunatly had a miscarriage after 7 weeks. My doctor (whom I adore) doesn't foresee any problems. I am worried I will not be able to have children. Sometimes I think maybe scar tissue is getting in the way. However, I do not want to have any more uterine surgeries unless I am having a c-section. Good luck!

It is possible to get pregnant after a myomectomy (I just had mine this past Wednesday) but your doctor may require you to be a c-section to avoid the possibility of uterine rupture. Also, be forewarned that any fetus that tries to implant on a scar won't make it. But, on the same note, any fetus that tried to implant on a fibroid wouldn't have made it either. Good luck!

Hi! I had a myomectomy last August, I am 33 and i am 3 months pregnant. It is possible, don´t loose faith you will make it. It took me two months to get pregnant after I dropped the pill. Good luck!

Hey! Have faith! Just think of how it would be had you not had the surgery. I just had a myomectomy less than a month ago. I am healing. I also know that it would have been very hard to conceive had I not has the surgery. I had so many tumors. Most women who want to go on to have children do. It depends on how deep your cuts were that will determine if you have a vaginal birth or a c-section. Oh, the best time to have successful pregnancies is to try about 4-6 months after surgery. Strike while the iron is hot. I have a wonderful doctor and he doesn’t candy coat anything. Please don’t feel like you are alone. I’m 32 and have had some of the same feelings. I also know that God brought me this far and will continue to keep me safe. Best of luck and you are ALL in my prayers.
T

hi i had a myo in 2004 and now im pregnat wid my 3rd child unexpectedly so it is possible.

I just had my myomectomy operation last aug 25 and now recuperating.

I'm glad to hear all these positive outputs as my husband and I are trying to have a baby since 2005.

God will pull us through in this journey :-)

hi
I had a myomectomy in 2003, am now 37 and pregnant with my first child.
I had no problems getting pregnant. My doctor said a c-section may be the only option for delivery but I am okay with that
good luck to you!!

Hi, I had the myo in August 2007. I am 34 and now a full week late for my period. It has been predictable for the last year and I have been off the pill since June 2007. I took a HPT but it was negative. I hope I'm pregnant, but wanted to know if anyone had any similar experience.

My myomectomy is scheduled for Oct 14th in Memphis, TN. I have 3 large fibroids, one the size of a golf ball the other the size of a baseball and the other a 9 cm. I am 39 and praying and believing that God is going to see me through this. I do not have any children yet, but God answer prayers. Will try for a child hopefully in January.

I had a abdominal myomectomy almost three years ago and am 38 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. I'm going into hospital next week for a scheduled C section, they won't let me deliver vaginally in case of uterine rupture.

So yes, its possible. It took us three months to get pregnant and the pregnancy has been very straight forward. Good Luck!

Hi i too had a myomectomy done last Jan. 2008 and can't believe how my recovery went so fast am amazed! My hubby and i have been married for 5 years and been trying to conceive the same time. At present i am having regular periods and been seeing my OBGYNE and had some more tests done post op just to make sure everything is alright (which it is!). If i don't get pregnant in two months i will start taking Clomid to aid me in conceiving. I am 37 now and hasn't lost any hope that one day i will get pregnant. Glad to have read a lot of experiences same as mine and also happy to know how we all have been positive about our condition and what we went through. Good luck to us all!

I had a myomectomy through robotic surgery in July 2008. Doctor advised that I wait 6 mos. before trying to conceive. Well 6 mos. is up, I just turned 39 yrs. old and am feeling the pressure. I have not been able to detect ovulation for the past 2 months and am getting nervous. I am thinking I should go on Clomid to increase my chances, but have read that this may decrease cervical mucous. Any suggestions?