Ok so here's the deal. I am 13 years old and 5'1 and 74 pounds in the morning and usually around 76 or 77 at night. At the beginning of the year, I was 95 pounds. When I went to a dance competition in March, I saw a lot of really skinny girls, and I wanted to look like them. So for the past 5 months I have been starving myself. I lost about 20 pounds in just 6 months, which is a lot. I was never fat to begin with, but I thought I was. I wish I would have just stopped losing weight around 83 pounds and my mom said I would be fine. But no, I was an id**t and I kept going, never thinking I was skinny enough. I'm finally eating the calories I need, getting from the 600 I was eating to trying to get to 1600-1800. I've been seeing therapists and stuff, butnow my mom wants me to gain weight and get to 80 pounds! I really don't want to, I'm afraid all the weight I gain will go to my stomach and I will look bloated, like a little fatty. Mom says that it's normal for girls my age to have a little belly, but then if that's normal, I don't want to be normal. I can see my spine, my hip bones stick out, and so do a few of my ribs. But I feel like my stomach is still a little chubby. Maybe my views are just distorted? Idk. I know I can't lose anymore weight, but I really don't want to gain weight either. And since I'm a dancer, I feel like I have to be thin, and I want to be thin, who doesn't? I f anyone has been through something like this before, I would love to talk. Some days I do just want to die, or just run away and escape it all, I'm tired of being hounded to gain weight. My mom said if I don't start gaining weight and changing my mentality about things, I might have to go to a hospital, and I don't want to do that! I would miss out on so much. This summer has been the hardest one yet and now I look back on this whole thing and I'm so mad that I let it start, I wasted a huge part of my childhood and screwed up my life. Will I be fat if I get to 80 pounds? How can I gain a little bit of weight healthily withoua eating a bunch of crappy foods, and eating so much? Now I eat very healthy, only whole grains and good fats, and all organic. Someone, please help me!

I used to weight 95 pounds a few years ago. I have a hard time gaining weight and my weight varies by a few pounds all the time I weight about 80 pounds right now im usually around 85 but I was sick last week and threw up a few times. I think I lost all the weight from 95 when I got sick a few times and threw up a few years ago I try to gain wait but its hard. My family think I don't eat but I do. Sometimes I just don't feel like eating and it has nothing to with how I look I would like to Wright more. I'm 5 foot 5 or so I look like a little kid some of my clothes look gross on me because im so skinny and have no curves. Everyone tells me I need to eat or gain weight im sick of it. I try to but it doesn't work too well I Wright like almost 90 then a week later I weight about 85 or less its crazy. Just eat more food and work out but eat after you work out and drink alot of milk I did that and it worked but I got lazy and stopped

He! No offense but you guys are pathetic. I am 13 and i play soccer all the time and i am 120 pounds. My doctor says it is mostly muscle , but I am a little chubby and I am not that embarrassed about it. You two should enjoy being teenagers and start eating some food because it gives you energy and you as teenagers need that. 80 pounds is not fat my 9 year old sister weights that and she is flat as paper. As thirteen year old girl you should be from about 100 to 140 pounds and promise me you will feel much better about yourselves.you should also be eating from about 1600 to 2000 calories a day as thirteen year old girls.  Never ever ever starve yourself bec you could die from that. If I were you I would watch make it or break it on abc family because you will notice that it is bad to be anorexic. 

Linamae that is no way to talk to this girl! I just responded to your question and felt bad for you! You are kind of a bully! I don't want you saying mean things to this girl.

Hi I am the same, except I swim (and I didn't starve myself- I just wasn't eating enough calories to replace the massive amount I was burning off) I am pretty thin (so says my family anyway) and recently I gained abs. However, in my most recent physical, my doctor told me I needed to increase my calorie count so I would stop losing weight (btw I am like 80 and 5 foot and 14). My mom took that as "you need to gain weight" and went on a craze to make me gain weight. She thinks she knows everything and went about it all wrong. Now I have gained fat, instead of weight (i mean a little weight but mostly in fat). It makes me feel really bad about my self image and I can't even put on leggings without crying anymore. I totally understand if you don't want to gain fat, even though everyone is like "oh its ok love yourself". I totally understand looking at other girls and going "i want to be that skinny" everyone does it and if they say they dont they are liars. It's only a bad thing if it gets to the point where you have developed an eating disorder like anoerexia. I'd reccommend just finding something you love like running or boxing or for me swimming and just doing that and eating clean. If you have to gain weight I would do it in muscle not fat (but apparently my mom doesnt understand this). Thanks for showing me that there are other people going through this :) hope this helps

Same here. My mom recently took me to the doctor so the doctor could tell me I wasn't fat. That whole thing took a tole and now my doctor is saying I have to GAIN weight. I'm 14 years old and I weigh 80 pounds and I'm 5'1. I don't wanna gain any weight! I've been trying to starve myself at school and only eat a little bit. I wanted to get rid of my chubby stomach and it's working, I don't Wanna stop and it's not anorexia if it's only for a little while..

It is just the truth and what Lineamae said was the hard truth. These girls can live their lives but they better live it the right way too.

I was thinking of gaining to, so I went shopping and found cup o noodles, 1453 sodium, and in 1 week of eating only that, I gained 30 lb! Now I'm 11 and 305lb!!!! But my mom sometimes pokes my thigh, it jiggles, and gives me a sad look, I have big fat jelly rolls, and there is this boy in school who always makes fun of me, he called me fatty girl, one time I took up 3 chair so in are classroom, and called me 3 seats, and 1 time I got stuck In between the door, and said, your gonna wreck the door! Also after pe (since he had a six pack) he was very sweaty, and i wanted to embarrass him, so I said, ew! U smell gross! And he said,"That's just the smell of your unwashed jelly rolls");.i knew that I was the one that smelled, cause 1 min after running, my b**bs were sweaty, my armpins, and my tummy, and my thighs stick out a lot, in health class, the teacher held me in, and he said, I was obese, but that didn't stop me, and one day after school, the kid bead me up, a cop was him, he said HAY! WHAT R U DOING?!?!? The kid said, firing childhood obesity?/: the cop said , Carry On Then!(:. Now I'm 14 and I'm 587 lb! I love my fat, I'll always continue to gain.(:

I’m 15, 5ft and 100lbs. 100 is NOT fat. The skinniest looking girl I know is 110! It is totally fine to have a little belly, even though being at 80lbs, you will not have one. I have a flat stomach, but it’s squishy, and that’s needed. It’s not just “okay”, you litterally need it for stomach stretching for your uterus and having a child. Although you’re young and don’t need that yet, it’s not bad to have a squishy stomach or thighs.
I would recommend a higher calorie intake. This doesn’t mean you’ll gain weight; you’ll just stop losing it. And if you do gain a few pounds, that is absolutely OKAY. I understand it is so hard to realize that your body doesn’t look the same to everyone else as it does to you; but having experience, I can tell you it’s true. You see your “mistakes” all the time, but because everyone else doesn’t have time to just stare at you, they don’t notice at all. And if they do notice, to heck with em. Love yourself, girl!

I went through a similar thing and was like that for two years. I completely screwed up my motabolism and am so mad I did. I was fit and slim in the first place. I recommend eating more normally as soon as possible so you don't end up with and messed metabolism like me. I look back at old pictures and am grossed out by how skinny I was. To gain weight properly I recommend trying to put on muscle. I use protein powders and lift weights. It has helped me feel more confident in my body.

I'm 13 5'1 and 81 or 82 pounds and my parents and doctors say I'm really underweight. You should get to atleast 85 pounds