Hello everyone. I do not know if it is OK to post this in this forum, but it is about wight... I actually want to gain weight. I am very skinny, and I am kind of embarrased of it. I try to eat alout, but I just cant. Is there some medication or drug to make me fatter? Thanks!

~ Jason

Legend
Hey Jason,

I think your problem is more related to nutrition, but here are some suggestions how to gain your weight.

First of all you need to eat more calories then you burn. Of course, it doesn't mean that you need to eat everything, it's very important to eat caloric and quality foods. You should plan your diet carefully to gain lean mass not fat! Your goal should be to eat as many meals as possible. Best ratio is having a meal every 3hrs. Basically, 6 meals a day.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are very important but also up to 3 other small meals (snacks inbetween). You shall focus on protein rich foods with a lot of carbohydrates, albumen and vitamins. You can find it in most common foods such as red meat (steak, chicken, pork); or vitamins in fruit, vegetables; albumen in milk, cheese and assorted types of nuts ...

It's recommended to eat a lot of fresh fruit a day, and at least a liter of milk. Milk is a great and cheap protein source! A sample snack meal would be a glass of milk, an apple, and a hand full of peanuts. The nutrition plan is the most important step in a successful weight gain program!

If you have loss of appetite, you should check your blood. Maybe you're anemic and this causes your problems. If you cannot manage the weight gain diet alone, try to talk to your doctor and ask him to suggest you dietitian or nutritionist who could build a diet plan.

Second important step to successful weight gain is adequate physical activity such as weight lifting. This will help you to manage the proteins and calories you took in and to avoid possible fat mass building. Of course, you don't need to overdo with weight lifting or you don't even need to do weight lifting, you can choose another similar physical activity which will help you build muscle mass. I suggest working out three times a week. You need to lift hard and then recover for the next workout. Focus on the big exercises such as squats, dead lifts, bent-over rows, chin-ups, bench press, & military press.

These are the exercises that will turn those extra calories into muscle. You are not going to gain much by doing lateral raises and step-ups every workout. You need the multiple-joint lifts that will shock your system and stimulate your body into growth. Focus on getting strong by adding a small amount of weight each workout. If you focus on strength, size will follow.

Get to your local gym and consult with gym trainer about best possible training for your body structure.

The last step are the supplements for gaining weight. However, I'm not the sympathizer of weight gain supplements because of many personal reasons. I like to see natural looking body, not a muscle packs ;) Anyway, the gain weight supplements will just help you to gain the weight much quicker then natural weight gain methods. There're a ton of reports on possible side effects coming from excessive supplement abuse, so be careful if you decide to use such methods.

My suggestions are weight gain shakes. It's the large quantity of calories in one small serving. You can find it in every body building store or on the Internet. The second choice is the Creatine. Creatine is the supplement which could help you to gain up to 10lbs in only 15 days! The Creatine is worth to try only in case you decide to do workouts and this will increase your energy and of course will give you chance to gain muscle mass during workouts. Anyway, consult with gym trainer or nutritionist before you decide to use Creatine because in some cases it could be harmful for other vital organs and your digestive system!

How fast and how much can and will you gain?

Well, that's the question that most of people ask before start with any gain weight program. Generally, everyone reacts different so there are no rules. If you have good formed nutrition plan and if you are disciplined enough to go through it, and if you use additional gain stimulators, like calorie shakes or Creatines or proteins, you could gain up to 20lbs in one month.

Of course, I'm talking about lean or muscle mass not fat mass, and before you start with any of gain weight programs you should be checked by your doctor for possible anemia or other digestive disorders which could lead to possible appetite loss or weight loss.

The question is did you ever had a problem with your digestion, or appetite? Do you eat normal or do you have any mental eating disorders? Have you ever been checked by an expert regarding your problem? How tall are you and what's your current weight?

Please let us know so we could try to help you ... and admin please move this to nutrition forum! ;)

Take care!
Pseud0

Help! im very good looking, athletic,and charismatic but im skinny with form so naturally to the ladies its close but no six pack. How do I safely gain 60 pounds of muscle mass in mere months? please reply! My health ,my career and social life depend on it. Help turn prince charmng into a very oppossing King.
Thank you
Prince Pi 8)

my problem is i dont know how to gain weight althouhg i ate a lot and i also take vitamins, Scheele with iron and ascorbic acid but still after less than a month i haven't gain weight.. what vitamin could help me gain weight? actually my father and siblinsgs are also skinny.. was it also because of heriditary factor?

thank you!