Im 16 years old, and im very skinny for my age.People sometime think I have an eating disorder but I do eat alot. this skinniness runs in my family everyone was thin till their late twenties.
I would like to know how I can gain weight without medication.

Your best bet is a diet high in protein, calcium, and vitamins (all kinds)--that, along with exercise and weight lifting will make you bigger with muscle, not fat. Bulky, low fat and low cal foods (like cereal for instance) were my favorite growing up. And now im 6'5" and 190 pounds. Of course, im a guy but thats beside the point....

Legend
Xion, very good ... Yep, I agree with Xion completely! And I want to add ... Exercise, exercise and more exercise! ;)

Pseud0

i am the same way
i cant gain any freakin weight!
i eat like a f'n pig!!
oh finally some one who will understand me

beware! i was the same until i reached 22 and am now of average weight but i have to watch it because i had unhealthy eating habits (because i was always able to eat anything and stay then!). eat healthy and exercise!

HI IM ALSO SKINNY WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS MY MOTHER GAVE MR A FEW SUPPLEMENTS THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD AND LOOK GOOD AND GAINED LIKE 4 POUNDS FROM THE CO SITE WRITE IT DOWN

I TOOK 2 VITA LEA

PROTIEN SHAKE

I WOULD YOU REC. ALSO TO TAKE PHYSIQUE IM A MEMBER IN THAT CO STILL TAKING THEIR SUPP FEELING GREAT LOOKING GOOD

FEEL GREAT

you dont apresiate how skinny you are i would love to be skinny not blood curvey like i am

Hi, I'm 19 and I am very underweight, I don't even weight 90 lbs. I did weigh 98 and all of a sudden I dropped for some reason. I don't know why I dropped but I did. I'm a pig and will eat whatever is in front of me. I would really Like to know how to start gaining a little bit of weight. Well I hope I get some answers.

Hey, I am 19, and I'm underweight and want to gain a little bit. I don't even weigh 90 lbs. I did weigh 98 but then all of a sudden I dropped so could someone please tell me a way that I can gain a little bit of weight. I want to weigh at leaste 100 but I don't know where to start. I'm pig when I do eat. I eat a lot and still nothing happens. I don't know what to do. I don't want medication, I do know that. So will someone please help me.

Hi, i my self am very skinny I would deffinetly like to gain some weight. I eat like a maniac. any answers to my prob without taking meds? ?

Yeah to be honest, i just wat to gain weight! I want confidence for the first time of my life. Sometimes i wake up feel great and then i look in the mirror i say im just too skinny! :$

i really need to lose 15 pounds before june first that is my birthday and i want to wear somthing thats tight that i can fit in to that isn't a struggle what should i do :'( %-) :$ :-(

I'm curious as to how much a 16 yr old girl ought to weigh. I currently weigh 104 lbs, and am wondering how my weight should progress as I get older.

snack a lot. but make sure they're healthy. like peanut butter with bananas, which is pretty high in calories, but isn't really "junky"
protein shakes are good too, as long as you work out.
have a higher intake of calories than you need, but make sure you exercise, i can't stress it enough.

hope that helps!

See, what people don't understand is, EVERYONE says they wanna be skinny and want to loose weight... Even if they're skinny already! It's TERRIBLE to be this skinny! When I look in the mirror, I ALWAYS say I need more weight... I can see my ribs! Grant it I'm on the borderline of being under-weight and healthy weight for my age and height, but still... My friend says she would love to look like me and she says she could lose a few pounds.... We always have arguments about our weight... I would LOVE to be her... Yeah, so anyway, I would love to know how to gain weight healthely...