hi,
I was wondering if someone could help with with a good meal plan to gain some weight (about 10 pounds). I'm not looking to eat junk and/or fast food because I'm interested in gaining healthy weight..not getting sloppy!

If someone can share some information it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
:-)

Eat foods with lots of carbs. Bread and pasta are healthy and good for putting on weight. Working out will also help build muscle, so you should try lifting weights and doing squats.

Well I'm someone that is trying to go to the opposite direction, but i have read somewhere that you should have like 6 meals trough the day. It's like breakfast, then snack, then lunch, then snack, then diner and at the end of the day you have a snack again.
Snack are usually sandwiches, with common stuff like cheese, ham or smoked turkey. For breakfast, lunch and dinner have your usual stuff.
But not only do you need to eat this amount off food, but like BuddhaChild said you need to workout. At least three day a week.

Count how many calories you eat in a normal day. Don't change anything, just eat like you normally would and count how many calories you consumed. This is an extremely important step, so try to be as exact as possible. Also, weigh yourself. 2) Starting the day after you counted calories, eat 500 calories MORE then you normally do. So, lets pretend that the day you counted calories you counted 2000. For the rest of the week, you would now eat 2500 calories a day. Instead of eating 3 big meals a day or eating all day all the time, spread those calories out over 5-6 smaller meals. Eat one meal every 2 and a half to 3 hours. To get big, you have to eat big! Remember that. 3) Weightlifting! Get in the gym and lift! This is another important step to how to gain weight, so make sure you are doing it correctly. For more information on weightlifting workout routines and splits, read the workout routines and splits section. 4) At the end of that week, weigh yourself. You'll notice your gaining just after one week! Now, don't expect to see a 10lb increase. Gaining anymore then 1 or 2 pounds a week is unhealthy and means your putting on way to much fat. So look for 1 or 2 pound gains at the end of the week. Don't sound like much? You can be gaining 5-8 pounds a month! 5) Heres an important one. At some point, you will stop seeing weight gain. At this point, you will have to eat even more. So, when you stop gaining for at least 2 weeks, it means it is time to start eating an extra 250 calories a day. Every time you see you haven't gained weight for at least 2 weeks, add an extra 250 calories. More tips for how to gain weight (extremely important!) - Stay away from fat! Eventhough weight gain is your goal, you don't want to be gaining fat. Get rid of the chips and candy. No more fast food, nothing fried. Stick to high protein low fat foods like tuna fish (and other seafood), chicken breast, turkey, lean meats, fruits and vegetables etc. (For more information, read the diet and nutrition section. - WATER! Drink water! Drink around a half gallon a day.

basically you can gain weight if the calorie you get from food is more than calorie you burn from your activities.
For gaining calories there are several issues that you must know
1. Food with high calorie especially fat and carbo
2. Food with easy calorie absorbtion
3. ability of your intestine to absorb calore

Activities that burn calorie fast including aerobic sport, etc

having snack is a good way to gain weight, dont' eat too much vegetables since it takes more time to digest

I'm 17 and since I turned 14, I've actually lost weight. I went from 115 to 104 in 3 years. In the past few months, I've been on the Depo shot, and since then I've actually LOST weight instead of gain it. I don't know what's up with my body, but since June, I've went from 104 to 98.5... WTF

I'm 5 foot 5 and I'm skinny. My mother says for me to eat, and I love pasta, so thats what i eat mostly! Besides home cooked healthy meals.

Great Tips Guys! Keep it coming.

________________________

“He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything.”

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed