Im 5 ft 3 inches and i only weigh 6 stones. I desperatly want to put on weight but i don't know how to! I've tryed eating food with alot of calories but still no good. Im 17 years old turning 18 in couple of weeks time and i really want to gain weight. I want to be at least 8 stones. Please help me!! :-(

Hi, I don’t know how long you have been eating foods with lots of calories but it will take a lot of time to gain weight.

You need to choose proper food groups in order to gain weight. You don’t need sweats (as much), as you may just gain fat, you can rely on high protein levels. This means that you need to eat a lot of steak, chicken, fruit, milk, vegetables, cheese and nuts. You need to eat 5-6 times a day- have three main courses and two-three additional snacks with lots of fruits, drink a lot of milk throughout the day. Your meals should be very three hours. So, eat as much protein and lower carbohydrate intake.

This probably means you will have to educate yourself on certain foods types or get professional help to make a weight gain diet plan. You could pay a visit to a nutritionist at the clinic, or a hospital.

Also, you need to start working out. But you can’t just work out without knowing what kind of exercises you need. Every gym has am instructor and when you pay entrance fee, you should ask them to show you the right exercises for increasing your mass.

You have to be persistent as it won’t happen overnight just like with weight loss.

if there's one thing i know about, its how to gain and lose weight
i played football(so i wanted weight) and wrestled(so i didnt want it)

i went from 145 in march to 185 in august..of course then i blew my ankle out, but thats another story

the best lifts are going to come from a good parellel squat, bench press, and power clean workout (YOU MUST HAVE SPOTTERS AND LEARN HOW TO DO THE LIFTS PROPERLY!!!!!!)

not doing the lifts properly can result in SERIOUS injuries, as well as poor results

the number 1 lift will be the squat, the only true full body workout

eat big, high carbohydrate meals, late at night, coupled with working out, you'll bulk up in no time

stay away from the creatine and similar supplements, its not worth the risk

a lot of the time it's harder for men to gain weight than women if you initially have a problem with it. but like everyone else said eat at least 5 meals (well 3 meals plus significant snacks) and get into working out. protein drinks and bars are a great way to substitute a meal and make it easy on yourself. good luck.

Tori

I"m 5ft tall and very under weight... :cry: I only weigh 82lb. I am 19 years old and very worried. I'm tiny but eat more than what my over weight grandfather eats. My family gets amazed of how i eat and don't get weight.

Can you please help me?? :cry:

try eating constanly for 4 hours a day

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Im 5 ft 3 inches and i only weigh 6 stones. I desperatly want to put on weight but i don't know how to! I've tryed eating food with alot of calories but still no good. Im 17 years old turning 18 in couple of weeks time and i really want to gain weight. I want to be at least 8 stones. Please help me!! :(

try eating constanly for 4 hours a day

I ONLY WEIGH 86LBS AND I AM 40 YEARS OLD, I CAN EAT CONSTANTLY AND NEVER GAIN 1 POUND. I HAVE BEEN CHECKED BY DOCTORS THAT TOLD ME MY METABOLISM IS TO HIGH, BUT TOLD ME NOTHING TO FIX. SORRY I CAN'T HELP IF YOU FIND ANY INFO FORWARD IT TO ME. THANK YOU.

It sounds to me like you were born with an extremly fast metabolism. Resistance excercise(lifting weights) combined with a proper combination of protein/carbohydrates is a good way to put on a few pounds. There's also what are called "weight gain" formulas which usually have a lot of carbs in them. One meal can have @ 800 calories in it.

i went to a dietician and all she told me was to eat 3 meals a day never gave me a meal plan i do not know wat kind of food i am meant to be eating can you help

the best way for u to gain weight is eat alot of carb cals an protien,but still burn them off,try weight training u will gain lean muscle which is more dense then fat putting healthy weight on.dont do any training do bulking excersises as they make your fast track muscle tear an need bulking to increase size and strength

I know there are some medications out there that can slow down your metabolism and help you gain weight. There is this one drug I know of that will help you gain weight and have energy but I think that's only for wasting HIV patience. What about all the underweight people of the world???? Its not fair besides for body builders there's nothing really out there to help skinny (underweight) people gain weight!!! Everyone just shrugges it off and say"well your lucky, you can eat whatever you want!" Well that's not the point idot we want to fit in too :$ !

I am in kind of the same position, except I’m 22 years old, 6 foot and only weigh 9stone my family are generally quite well built. I've eaten so much and have seen several doctors and been on several diet programmes. I feel dieting hasn't work and really what to put weight back on.
Its has gotten to the point where if I take off my shirt you can see every rib, and if I lay flat on my back my hips and ribs are very visible.
I feel very uncomfortable about the way I am looking and really need some advice, if there are any drugs that will help me with gaining weight. i have been looking around but would like some advise before I take anything.
I also have ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) I have been told this may have something to do with it.

Many thanks look forward to hearing from you.

In trying to gain weight, Has anyone considered seeing a doctor to be tested for thyroid problems?

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

try eating constanly for 4 hours a day

Im in the same boat as you are,Im 35yrs old and Im guessing i weigh about 70 to 78 lbs Im 5ft 3' and have tried everything.My only results have been from drinking Ensure with my meals and some of my snacks I would start gaining weight,but then I would lose it as fast... Im trying to find something that will help me also. I will keep you posted if I find anything that helps or works,but in the meantime give the Ensure a try.

Hey Guys!

I am in the same situation for years! I have heard that in Brasil they have a medicine called Buclina, which I can nor find anywhere here in the US. It is a appetizer stimulant, and many people that have tried it have gained some pounds.

I am looking like crazy in some us pharmacies, but it seems very unlikely to find it!:(