I AM THIRTEEN YEARS OLD AND ONLY WEIGH 69 POUNDS. I AM ABOUT 4 FT 10. I KNOW I KNOW, I MAY SEEM A LITTLE WEIRD BY WANTING TO GAIN WEIGHT, AND I KNOW I'M YOUNG BUT STILL ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE IN THE HUNDREDS. THEY CAN CONNECT THEIR PINKY FINGER AND THEIR THUMB FINGER AROUND MY WRIST AND STILL HAVE ROOM. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THEIR WAS ANYTHING THAT I COULD DO OR EAT TO INCREASE MY WEIGHT SOMEWHAT. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ AND GIVE YOUR ADVICE!

You really don't need to gain weight but if you want to drink ensure plus alll day long.

Hi if you really want to gain weight you need to eat. Simple as that. :-) But you need good, healthy and big meals. Sometimes it depends on the organism. One can have a strong stomach that he can eat a lot and no weight is staying in his body. A have a friend similar to this. He is skinny, but he eats twice that I can eat. And no fat stays on him, and he likes it this way actually. He is not trying to gain weight and he sees this as an advantage.
You are going in your puberty now and you will see there will be some changes so you even might be gaining weight and not trying at all.

As a fellow thin guy, I feel your pain! IT depends on what your height and weight is first of all. If you are looking to gain weight, you need to start regulating your eating so that you can tell how much food you're putting in your body. I can tell you that I do not normally feel like I need to eat as much as I do, so I have to stay on top of myself and eat more than feels normal so that I can get bigger. But still don't eat junk food--eat healthy foods. My recommendation is to eat four extra tablespoons of peanut butter per day--it's good fat and protein, and it adds 500 calories per day!