My mother has recently started taking paroxetne, antidepressant medication. She takes yellow oval tablets; I’m not sure what the daily doses that she uses to take are. I haven’t noticed that anything has changed according to her condition. How long does it take for paroxetne to starts being effective? How long therapy should last?

Paroxetine is given once a day, and yellow pills are with the lowest doses of the drug, they contain 10mg of paroxetine. Full effect of the medication should not be expected until after a few weeks of therapy. It is very effective and relapses of depression can be prevented if paroxetine is taken for up to one year. This drug is better tolerated than some other medications that are used in treatment of depression. It is actually the first line drug for depression.