My first symptoms were like symptoms of pneumonia or similar respiratory infection. But as the chest pain was increasing and I felt breathing difficulties, it seemed unusual to me. I made an appointment to my physician. Later, I was diagnosed spontaneous pneumorthorax, by chest radiographs. It was a kind of small pneumothorax. I didn’t get any medications. This condition has lasted since last 2 weeks. It seems to me that I feel little bit better. Is there a treatment for pneumorthorax?

I had small primary pneumothorax. It’s less dangerous form of the disease. Secondary pneumothorax acquires life-long treatment. Small pneumothorax usually resolves on its own in 2-3 weeks. And the treatment includes removing the air from pleural space and needle aspiration. I also didn’t use medications and solved completely in 2-3 weeks.

I just got out of the hospital for a treated pneumothorax. I was told that there is no way to prevent it and that it is just an occurrence. Unlike you, I was in severe pain and unable to walk due to shortness of breath. I was almost in shock and losing my breath. The doctor popped the air bubble around the lung and stuck a chest tube in around the lung and I was in the hospital for 6 days. Glad you didn't have to get treated for it. Hopefully you don't have to go through a major pneumothorax.