Hi, I have been diagnosed with gas in chest, what causes sharp pain from time to time. There is no rule when the pain could start, even when I’m resting. Is this a serious medical condition? Should it be medically treated?

A collection of air or gas in the chest causing the lung to collapse is called pneumothorax. Sudden chest pain, shortness of breath, easy fatigue, fast heart rate, bluish color of the skin caused by lack of oxygen are all symptoms of pneumothorax, and they begin during rest or sleep. Diagnostic tests include Chest X-ray is used to make a diagnose, by determining the presence of air outside the lung and analysis of arterial blood gases.Gas pain is usually a sharp persistent pain under the left breast. Occasionally, it spreads up to the shoulder, pain in the upper left abdomen can also be detected and often with belching. If the pain doesn’t vanish in some reasonable time, seek medical help.

hey used to have this same problem for years finally stumbled upon a cure...put your hands above your head and interlock your fingers, now pull your hands down behind your neck slowly as far as they will go once you reach the bottom or shortly before the gas will release ..you may have to do this a couple times a few minutes apart but it makes something that feels very serious dissapear ...its worth it believe me good luck

I get this all the time I usually get down on my fores(Doggystyle) put your head lower the your bum, stick you bum up in the air I do this for about 5 to ten minutes then sit up for a while then I usually burp and then the pain is gone. if it doesnt work right away I do it again it eventually works.

I've had these since I was little and could never figure out how to make them stop. I just had one a minute ago and after reading this, I did the things with my hands over my head and it went away! Thank you so much

You are totally right about the hands clasp thing....burped like Shelly Winters and it's gone. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Hands behind the neck works!!, thank you..

Wow... what the heck? Just stumbled across this because I had this sharp pain for the first time and was getting worried. Belching helped a little but this move helped a lot and on the first try. Big release. I've never heard of this before. Thanks for the post.

I tried this a few times and it relieved it at least 90% so far. The sharp pain is gone. I can feel a little pressure, hear some gurgle, so I'll try it a few more times. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Great suggestion...definitely helped relieving the awful pain.

I've tried your method two times and it works. I get pain through my jaws and my chest feels like I'm in a vice. Thank God the pain is gone and thank you very much. Some relief is better than suffering. I'm feel good right now.  :-D

What a suggestion...I have tried for too many antacids, enzymes..nothing works..definitely helped relieving the awful pain.I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.thanks a lot