Hi. I had a chest trauma and was diagnosed with pneumothorax (a collection of air or gas in the space surrounding the lungs). Anyway, I doubt that diagnosis. My only symptoms for such a diagnosis were chest pain and shortness of the breath. Anybody with experience on pneumothorax?

Hi. I`m 31 and the cause of my pneumothorax was an excessive pressure on the lungs. Better to say, a trunk fell on my chest. So, I`ve had that sharp and sudden chest pain, shortness of the breath also, and rapid heart rate, as a bonus. And my doc told me I have pneumothorax. Therapy is not always needed. Small pneumothoraces sometimes go away on their own. But, the larger one require the removal of air from around the lung. They put a chest tube betwwen my ribs and this process was repeated for several days. During this procedure you have to stay in the hospital.