Cut straight to the point; my girlfriend and i had protected sex during the month of July. We were safe using condoms AND lube to minimize the chances of a rip on a condom. We also filled the condoms up with water after our intimacy sessions to double - check. Fortunately, it would appear that none of the condoms broke! 

However, the catch is her period was later than her usual period. Her usual cycle is around 30 days but her previous 'period' was around 36 days which rang an alarm. However, 2-3 days AFTER her 'period' she starts bleeding a little at a time ONLY when she wipes which surprised us both because she shouldn't be bleeding down there apart from her period.

About a week later, her bleeding stops and she starts having these cramps in her lower abdomen. She says that she's been experiencing these cramps since the 15th (give or take 2 or 3 days, not sure about the exact day) She says that she wakes up everyday in the morning with pain in her lower abdomen. Her cramps have been going on for almost 2 weeks now. She's completely having a freak out berating me and everything. I say that her cramps are because of her stressing out over everything ( to calm her down ) and she keeps saying that she may be pregnant. So is there any chance that she may be pregnant from the given events? I just wish that everything works out fine for her in the end; that's all. 

Here's a timeline in case the text was confusing:

Last week of July : her 'period' - she claimed that it was not like her usual periods AT ALL
Towards the end of the first week of August : irregular bleeding starts to occur ONLY through wiping
Towards the end of second week of August : irregular bleeding stops completely
Towards the beginning of third week of August : sharp pain in her lower abdomen - cramps??
08/19 : took a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy; results were negative fortunately! (perhaps it was too early?)
Today 08/28 : still having cramps

Thank you all for the help and have a nice day!

Also her cramps started the day AFTER her auntie left the country. She really loved her aunt and she would come visit every summer. Maybe it has a connection; i'm just stating information that i can remember that has happened to her in this month. Me being witness, i can say that she was definitely sad or depressed to a certain degree after her aunt left. 

How old are ya'll or is she?? Because it seems like she just had a light period, women can have cramps at any time.. And also if you have been using protection and have been as careful as you have said there is no way she could be.. And yes stress can be a HUGE factor in the way her periods have been. Believe me.. My husband and I have been through this for 3 years now trying to have a baby.. I have been pregnant and miscarried 3 times and I have also wanted to be pregnant so bad I have siked myself out with crazy symptoms..

I'm 17 and she's 16. I know we're a bit young; she says that she never gets cramps and that this is a first for her. That's most likely why she's freaking out; it's all new to her. But that can be a good thing or a bad thing. I'm sorry to hear about your efforts!

At this point, with the given symptoms and timeline, a home pregnancy test should be able to tell her whether or not she is pregnant.  Even the cheap ones at the nearest cornerstore will work.

At her age, however, it can be stress from life/school, or hormonal changes that could be messing around with her period.  The body is still changing at that age, even for females, and the menstruation cycle does ever so much like to mess around with the body.

If a test is negative, or if she has the patience to wait and see what happens with her next cycle, she might want to see a gynecologist about what is going on with her body if it continues for a prolonged time.  Remind her that psyching herself out over the possibilities won't help the situation, either.  Stress is bad.

Okay. I'll talk to her and see if i can convince her to not panic! Thanks for your input!