hi everyone. i was wondering if someone would be able to help me out on a question i have.

i recently had an abortion, (i've had 2 before) but this time i went to another clinic. the first two i had done at the same place, but i decided to go with a clinic that was a little closer to home this time. anyway...about 3 days after my abortion, i start haveing blood clots come out. now usually this wouldn't bother me since i know that some blood clots are normal. what's making me worried though is the fact that these blood clots are pretty big and there's just so many/much of them that they are soaking though 2 super maxie pads in about an hour and half and that they are even starting to run down my leg. when i called up to the clinic with my concerns i was told that this is normal and that i should just lay down for the rest of the day. i told this advice and i listened to it but it only made things messier. would anyone know what might be going on?? with the other two abortions i didn't have this problem and i've had a since between the first two abortions and now this one. will someone please help?!?!?!

I would contact your doctor asap

Best of luck
Portia

I work in an abortion clinic.

That is too much bleeding. Did they give you any medication to reduce bleeding? Usually methergine is given to help the uterus contract, which also reduces blood loss.

IF THEY cannot give you answers, then maybe you could call the OTHER clinic you went to for advice.

ok so ive been kinda having that same problem,
i had a abortion over a week ago and it just started, i know that some clots are normal, but these ones r getting bigger and now i dont know if i should contact a doctor or if i should just leave it?
i had literally no bleeding up untill now too so its really out of the blue
advice anyonee??

I am having the same problem. I had an abortion 4 days ago and yesterday I started getting clots, but today I filled a whole pad in 5 minutes with clots. This really worried me so I called the clinic and they said it was normal and that you need the clots to come out otherwise they could cause problems and pain. If large amounts keep coming out for a couple days then it could be a cause for concern, but as of now I think it is normal.

please could some one help i had my first termination nearly 2 weeks ago and i was stopping bleeding but today i bleed loads and when i went to the toilet i fely a massive clot cum out what shall i do

Hi girls, I had my medical abortion done 3 weeks ago and I was bleeding heavy for about 3 days and then it was very mild. Now, 3 weeks later, Istarted to have a massive clots, but I mean massive, like half an orange, so I get worried and called an emergency line the answer was: its normal, its your period which is getting rid of the remaining tissue. Basically I know its worrying, but we are all experiencing the same think, the body needs to flush out all the bad blood and tissue, so dont worry :-D

I've been really concerned...

In December I got an abortion. It was my second one.

In my first abortion everything went fine and after a month I was back to my regular monthly period.

But for this second one, to this day I'm still having blood clots.. I've gone back to the clinic and they told me that I was fine, that it was just taking my body a while to recuperate.

But I also got the IUD... I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But like I said.. they said I was fine.

And it's not just blood clots, but my discharge is also red.. bloody.. looks like a blood clot.

Please... help me out.

I had the exact thing, I had a surgical abortion exactly a week ago, Ive bled on and off since which is obviously normal and its been just like a regular period, But yesterday at 2:00am and then again now at 3:11am, Ive noticed that ive been passing quite large clots! Last night i wa worried as it was my first one that i'd seen, I have had an abortion before about 3 years ago but didnt bleed or clot at all at any time, This time its alot more painful more so in the evening and late night, So much so its waking me up! I havent passed many of these clots my count is two at the moment, But theyve been quite large in my view but not as big as ive heard some people have had on here mine are about the same size as a matchbox maybe a little thinner. I do know passing clots is normal and so is bleeding but as i never had any the first time round it worried me, I also had an IUD fitted during the procedure and im thinking thats the only change from the first time i had one, So maybe thats got something to do with it, If anyones been having the same problem please reply,And if anyone reads this and thinks there having the same problem it looks like your not alone :-) Thanks.

I had my first abortion 5 days ago, and I passed a big clot. I think it is normal, but I'm just going to have to wait and see where it goes. It hasn't quite been a week for me, so I'm not all that worried at this point in time. Mine is not as big as a matchbox, or half an orange. But it's rather big. I'm not to concerend.

Hey all I think I need some help, I did the surgical abortion on Saturday, and I started bleeding yesterday, but today the bleeding got heavier, and I'm having a lot of blood clots, but it's scattered so I don't know how to measure the size of it, it's my third pad the whole day now.
and also, the weird thing is, I'm having cramps like when you're constipating, and it hurts so bad when I try to go to the bathroom and do the number 2. I don't know if this is normal, or would it be because I don't drink much water? Please I need someone to help me answer all these question, coz I'm nervous, this is my first time doing it, and it's painful mentally, physically, and emotionally. HELP!

Hey any one who can please help me out.

I have read everything that has been said about the blood clots, but I am passing massive clots every hour or two, I understand that passing them is normal, but is a lot (damn near a dollar bill size and as thick as a f*****g pancake) normal, or something to worry about/go to the emergency room over? I'm cramping and having lower back pains, but that doesn't phase me compared to how much clotty blood I'm passing. I had the surgery done Saturday morning and now its Thursday night, blood flow & clots started at like 6:30pm, took my first methergine pill at that time and am now afraid to go to bed on account of me bleeding to death during my sleep.

I am worried and need some reassurance.

I am not a medical doctor, but I had the same thing happen to me. It takes your body a little bit to "adjust" to what happened. Your body was getting use to "baby" hormones and now it is going back to "normal". They say that if you completely soak through a large pad within an hour for up to three hours in a row you should go see a doctor. But if you are only worried about clots and the size of them, don't worry, it's just your body recovering.

Today is October 27, 2010: I am a 32 years old... and I am in Hawaii... I would like to share with you my story as well... On October 19, 2010 I had a procedure done... (abortion) after 8 days... I woke up to massive bleeding (size of a grapefruit) with huge cramps..(contractions) and as I tossed and turned I bled through my panties and when I stood up BLOOD started gushing out. I went to pee and.. change my pad and all off a sudden I get this thing hanging out of my vagina.. and its fairly large and I try to push it out and it still didnt come out and I push harder and all of a sudden it plops into the toilet. I took a picture of it as well... I even turned it with a napkin (i know it sounds nasty) but it looked really like the tissue or membranes of the rest of the pregnancy. I actually started crying so much.. cause I never thought I would ever have to see something like this.. It was such a painful but yet unforgettable moment. I cry and regret this abortion and really... when all that came out I thought to myself... was the removal really successful or was it not. I am still passing large clots and I can feel it passing throught my body.. I mean i will know when I gatta go to the bathroom again, cause I have been cramping (probably contracting). After the abortion the doctor gave me this medicine.. (antibiotic) called Doxycycline hyclate 100.. which I had to take 2 a day with food.... for 7 days. Today is my last day on the pills and all this stuff started soming out today... before this even happened.. I was only bleeding very lightly... and now I need to change my pads like every 10 minutes. This has to be by far the worst experience of my life. At this point I dont even care if I am really dying or if its normal. I feel fine right now but I am so saddened by the dumb choice I made. I really wish I did not kill my baby and have it removed. I cry everyday since it happened. Just to let you know I have had other abortions before and never did this happen, NEVER. and I have also 3 grown children. I have never felt so sad in my life. I hope that I get what I deserve. Thanks for reading, Harmony (Honolulu, Hawaii)

this has just started to happen to me it has been 6 days since the abortion, this morning at around 4 am i passed a clot i looked at it and saw an arm with a hand and fingers i was 11 and a half weeks along, i cried and cried as the whole time i have been trying to tell myself it was nothing it was just a blob and now i was forced to face the reality that my baby actually looked like a baby and was a baby, since then i have passed another 3 clots which were very big, i know when i am going to pass one because i get huge pain and then feel the need to push, i have just been sitting on the toilet for about 20 minutes pushing one out, i was so relieved when it came out. i rung the hospital and they said i may need another procedure to get rid of it all because this should NOT be happening and i have to go see my doctor in the next 4 hours, and i can not eat or drink anything.
i would say if you ever pass more than one or two clots in a few hours and you have pain to ring your hospital and just ask what they think.