It has been exactly 1 week since my abortion, I ending up having a 2nd tri abortion (I was 14 wks at the time of abortion). Overall the procedure was fairly easy, the pain was minimal almost next to non-existant for me. My symptoms stopped almost immediately afterwards. However my breasts are still very tender, something I had expected what I didn't expect was that I would begin lactating.

I was done with my shower and lotioning up, I suppose I squeezed just a little too hard and I noticed that a droplet formed. To be completely honest I was more shocked than I was when I found out that I was pregnant. I squeezed again, and the same thing happened. The liquid is not opaque, more of a cloudy/clear color with an even, water like texture (a little thicker than water I suppose). The liquid only comes out if I squeeze, its not free-flowing or "leaking". I've also noticed that it comes easier from my right breast than it does my left.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know its normal for a woman to begin leaking fluid like substances before the actual baby is born, I was surprised that it happened AFTER my abortion (although I know now). What can I do to help with the process? I've read different things online ranging from seeing a doctor immediately to wrapping cold clothes on my boobs. Any advice?

To be completely honest I'm more embarrassed about this than anything, I haven't been able to even tell my boyfriend for fear that he will think of me differently. Before anyone asks my boyfriend was extremely supportive of my decision to have an abortion, I couldn't have asked for a better person to be waiting for me in the waiting room on the day of the procedure. I had no problem telling him I was pregnant, and no problem telling him the details about the procedure, but I can't even bear the thought of telling him I'm "leaking"(although I think he found out accidentally but I'm too ashamed to ask).

Thank you so much!

T

I would call your help professional, thats what I would do.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you find out? Cuz I had an abortion over a month ago and just noticed tonight that I am having the same thing happen. Is this a bad sign?

The original post was over a year ago & I've noticed that those who don't post for a long time, don't really come back & check replies.

To the latest post (by S)- go & see your doctor or a health professional for confirmation, but your lactating will calm down. You're producing breast fluid because of your hormones. For some, it can go on for a while- for others, it can stop soon after the abortion. However, you are at risk of blocked glands occuring, so it's best to go & see a doctor & keep an eye on any unusual pain & lumps in your breast.

My son is a teenager now & I've had 2 abortions since he was born- I still produce breast fluid, but it's not spontanious anymore (i.e; it doesn't leak at inappropriate moments!).

To answer your question- no, it's not a bad sign, it's normal.

V

i hav d same problem.i had an abortion 3wks ago and d pregnancy was 4wks old wen i aborted it.the fluid doesnt come out until i squeez d nipple.and dis is usualy acompanied by high temp.my doc says its normal,my lab scientist says it is hormonial problem.

he says i wil have 2 run a test on hormone profile.i am realy scared.my worry hw soon wil it stop? Since my case of pregancy was jst 4wks of b4 d abortion

I am having the same problem... I was 20 weeks along so I guess my body was ready to start lactating, but it's weird. I feel like after the abortion it should all be over with. I've almost doubled in my bra size. It's pretty painful.
I had the same fear you did about telling your boyfriend.. I thought it would freak him out, but when I told him he asked if we had any cereal. :)
Anyways I called the dr and they told me it's normal to lactate afterwords. The pregnancy hormone is still in your body for up to 3-6 weeks. Nothing to be scared of.

I had a abortion at 21 weeks and I'm leaking my boobs are both im wondering the same thing it's been about 3 days since my abortion it was my first time being pregnant and this all new to me

I had one at 13 weeks and mine did it for about a week, after. I just put in pads in my bra (cheap way) and it eventually stopped :)

I had an abortion at 10 weeks, it's been almost 3 weeks since the abortion and I'm still lactating! It's slowing down I think but it's just a pain to deal with. How long will it last!!!!??

Im exactly the same when did you stop lactating?
Pls answer asap its terifying.

I've been lactating for 6 months now since my abortion. I was 13 weeks. It's only a drop every now and then but it is annoying lol

I was only 14 weeks and its been 4 almost 5 months since my abortion , and milk is still in my tittys , not leaking but i can see all these white dots and if o sqeeze them it comes out not runny but kinda a darker white & no pain . I just dont know why it hasn't went away yet. Also the abortion seems to made it even harder for me to get pregnant, and very un easy to rest ever, cause before i start my monthly 2weeks before my stomach will mega hurt an twice i had to go to the ER over the pain.. and i don't have a doctor's, no body to ask an help me understand, i just turned 18 not to long ago and im so confused

It's been a year since my abortion and I'm still lactating

It's 6 YEARS after my abortion, and a drop of clearish liquid still comes out of my left breast if I squeeze it. It replenishes itself every day or so. I was originally told that it would stop eventually. When I asked my doctor about it recently, he said he'd never heard of it happening but it's probably benign. This didn't feel like a sufficient explanation so Im here doing my own research, but it doesn't seem as if anyone has more insight.