Did your medical abortion have no pain or cramping or nausea? Maybe I'm in the minority here, but did anyone else have literally no pain accompany the bleeding? I had to terminate my 6 wk pregnancy because of medication complications that would have caused severe birth defects. I chose the medical abortion route because my city does not have a clinic that preformed vacuum aspiration. After reading so many girls experiences online I was scared but prepared. I thought it was going to be an excruciatingly painful and traumatizing experience. I stocked up on everything I would need: pain meds, anti-anxiety meds, anti-nausea meds, comfy clothes, soft blankets and pillows, a heating pad, maxi pads, baby wipes, bottled water, fruit and crackers, and 4 movies from redbox to pass time. On the first day, I went to the clinic where they orally administered the mifepristone to me. I went home with 4 misoprostol pills to take within 24-48 hours. They also gave me compazine for nausea and tramadol for pain and ibuprofen and an antibiotic. The next day, at the 23rd hour after taking the mifepristone, I took the tramadol, ibuprofen and compazine so the would be in my system and working by the time the misoprostol kicked in. I also ate a bland breakfast of toast and crackers. At the 24th hour I took the misoprostol pills via the bucco method, two pills on each side of my mouth between my cheeks and gums. I was supposed to wait 30 minutes then swallow what was left of the pills. During this time I got into my super comfy clothes, put down a waterproof mattress pad on my recliner, hooked up the heating pad and put everything else I might need within arms reach. I was getting anxious and nervous by now but decided not to take the anti-anxiety medicine. I noticed the pills seemed to dry up against my inner cheeks so I called the clinic to ask if I should lick them to help with the absorption. The nurse thought that would be a good idea. They started to absorb after I did. By 30 minutes they were barely there but I swallowed what was left with water. Then I waited. And waited... And waited... Nothing. No cramping. No bleeding. No nausea. Had I done something wrong? Were they duds? It was almost four hours after I had swallowed them and they had had no effect whatsoever. I called the clinic back and the nurse said that every woman's body is different and it may take up to 24 hours. So I waited... About 20 minutes after I hung up from the clinic I felt like maybe there was something wet in my maxi. I went to the bathroom and checked and sure enough, blood. Not a horrific amount, but definitely more than a period. Surprisingly I had no cramping or discomfort accompany the bleeding. I sat on the toilet for about 15 minutes and about 4 larger blood clots passed, nothing too big or scary. Still no pain. No cramps. No nausea. I put a fresh maxi in and went back to my recliner of comfort and watched a movie and did some online shopping. About an hour and a half later I went to the bathroom to check again and the bleeding remained consistent, heavy, but painless. No bloodclots this time. I put in a fresh maxi and decided I was fine. I called a client I was supposed to meet that night for a business discussion but had rescheduled the day before. I asked her if she could still meet tonight, she said yes. I lounged around for another 3 hours waiting to leave for the meeting. The bleeding remained the same. And still, no pain or cramping or nausea. At 5pm I got dressed in business attire, I was not sore or in pain so I was fine to do so. I went to to meet my client over dinner and had a quite successful meeting. No complications. This was only about 8 hours after taking the misoprostol and I felt perfectly fine, minus the bleeding. I only had to excuse myself once during the meeting to change my maxi pad. I noticed a blood clot on top of the maxi when I changed it. That was the last clot I saw. I went home and went to bed with a towel under me. I woke up fine and had not bled through the overnight maxi pad. I felt fine. It has been two days and I am still bleeding heavily, though no more clots. I still have not had any cramping, nausea or tenderness. Period cramps are much more severe for me. Overall, I feel great. No fatigue, no discomfort. I hope that this will help elevate some stress and fear for those girls that have to choose a medical abortion. Remember that everyone's body reacts differently. Good luck.

I just wanted to hopefully help a girl or two out there relieve some anxiety caused by their impending medical abortion. First off, if you choose to keep the pregnancy, it's going to be okay. you are stronger than the rest of us. Second, if you choose to terminate the pregnancy (and no it is not a baby, not even close), it's going to be okay. Like me, you aren't ready and the next time you will be. 

I was 3,4 or perhaps 5 weeks along, not sure but I missed by period my only a week and the fetus was so incredibly small the Dr and Nurse said I'd have little discomfort passing it. They were correct. I felt virtually no severe pain but only very mild pain, in fact I took the second set of pills and a pain med at 12noom watching Friends, fell asleep and woke up a few times with mild-moderate period cramping. It wasn't bad at all. If you are very early, you gave nothing to worry about. Drink lots of water, take z pain med, and you will be fine. ;) 

There is a pill called the morning after that break downs the enzymes in forming the child but once the heart beat is there and the child is forming its a live human being. and the morning after pill is a way out called murder. I would not recommend this as its a life inside you. Its up to you on how religious you are but I am totally against it.

real girl the moment of conception it IS A REAL CHILD WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR TALKING TO THE WIND? THERE IS A HEARTBEAT.. there is a growing child in there for her to give it up by taking away its right for life is murder.

My friend is three weeks pregnant took cytotec,aspirin and other abortion pills, she felt hot in her tommy and that was all, no blood, no camping, a week later, she repeated the med but this time instead of aspirin she took tramadol injection, she bleed through out the night but it was not much, the next day say few drops of blood, like a bag, and that was all, three days later she checked if she was still pregnant with a pt strip and it showed positive, two days later she started seeing black fluid like she wants to begin her mensis, is she now free?

I experienced the same was 6 weeks. Very little discomfort. No more then a period. And to those of you who disagree with a women's right to choose go to another blog. Nobody cares about your opinion.

Hi, I had medical abortion yesterday 5 weeks .. very mild cramps not even noticeable and have very light blood less than a period, I did have hot and cold sweats and shakes a bit ..
nothing much more has happened no obvious clots or major cramps
It's now been 19 hours since taking the medication so you think this sounds unsuccessful?? Getting worried now please help

Last night i took 4 pills of cytotec at 9pm. Put it under my tongue and dissolve it for about 30 mins and swallowed it. I repeat the same thing 3 hrs later and another repetition but only 2 pills later on. So a total of 10 pills ive consume. Till now i did not feel any cramp , bleed. In fact i felt hungry like really hungry. My bf didnt allow me to eat at first but then sympathize me so he cooked for me chicken balls and i ate em. Till now it's 6.30pm in my country almost 24 hours ive swallowed my first 4 pills i still didn't feel anything.. has this ever happen to anyone? Please i wanna abort so bad. I don't wanna humiliate his family and also mine before marriage. We plan to get married and get a proper baby soon , not now eventho he is willingly to take all the blame if my family were to smash his face. I really don't want that to happen as my mom really loves him and see the good in him. Well in fact he is! It's just im not ready hmm. Help?

had the same experience - was it successful?

Do you just trole abortion web pages in yout free time? Jesus, you have zero right to pass judgment. I have found throughout life that it's religious people who are the most judgmental. WWJD? Is a question I ask religious people ten times more than non religious people.

The same here

Proper baby? OMG! I just had to take this medicine because my baby’s heart stopped beating at 7w 4d, I cry just thinking about it. Doing this felt so wrong even though ultrasound confirmed my baby was dead. My poor angel gone! I can’t understand those doing this to later have a “proper baby”

A baby's heart didn't start beating until approx week 5/6. Before than, it is an embryo waiting to form.

Each circumstance is different, and not all girls are able to have a baby. Respect that. Termination is not an easy decision.

I think you are very wrong in voicing your opinion and labelling these pregnant women murders when you are oblivious to their situation and reasoning for choice of method. Have you ever ate Lamb before? If so, what makes you any different in eating a dead baby animal?

I don’t know who you think you are to voice such a judgemental opinion. Unless you are in our shoes U will never understand our situation, so please keep your opinion to yourself.