PLEASE HELP!!! I had c4,c5 & c6 fussed end Aug. 07. The numbness to my arm is much better but the muscle spasms are getting to be unbarable! I still take muscle relaxers and pain medication but that is only offers very temporary/partial relief. I am still in this hidious neck collar but I do take it off several times a day for short periods at a time because it is so uncomfortable. I recently started waking up w/a very stiff neck, I am assuming that it is because my neck doesn't move & the muscles really tense up. I get partial relief when I take it off for a few minutes and move around (not my neck just my body of coarse).
I also still fell bruised where my lrynx is especiall when I touch it.
I too agree that the surgeons hold back ALOT of post-op information!!! I was told "you wil be in a neck brace for 6-8 wks." When I asked how much pain will I be in I was told "only the first few days will be very soar and then it will be "OK"!! There are so many times that I wonder if this was all worth it! Like I said, it took away the numbness to the arm and lessened the amount of headaches that I use to have but now I had constant neck spasms and constant discomfort!!!! I started therapy 3 wks. ago but I have had to cancell 2 times due to pain w/migraine!! By the way I am 37 yrs old & now feel ancient and I am so limited to what I can do. This is not easy having 3 sons!!

hi, I am going through something similar. If you receive this message email me please thanks! I sure hope you are feeling better!