Hi. I’ve just became a mom. I had delivery 3 weeks ago. I was very happy to see that my baby is fine and healthy. But, recently, for no reason, I started feeling depressed and even sad. I mean, everything is ok and I really don’t know why I feel that way??? What is wrong with me?? I should be happy because I have such a beautiful and healthy baby but not depressed!! Is there anyone here who can tell me what could this be??

I think that you have what is called Postpartum Depression. You don’t have to worry much because it is very common state - nearly half of all women have some signs of postpartum depression after delivery. It usually starts between 3 and 10 days after delivery and usually do not last longer than 2-3 weeks. If you continue feeling depressed, than you should seek medical help.

What she had was the baby blues. Postpartum is much more severe then baby blues. And postpartum maybe common, but its dangerous if not seeked medical help. That and postpartum can and a lot of the times with last up to a year and can start within the first 3 months after the baby is born.