It was first time for me to give a birth, and I have got great little boy. During my pregnancy, everything was ok, and he is healthy boy. Anyway, postpartum, or after I got son, I had feeling of bloated belly. I do not know if that is normal, because I do not have anyone to ask. Can you tell me if anyone had this problem with bloated belly in postpartum period?

I think it is great we have opportunity to talk to each other. I have a 6-month-old baby boy, similar as you do. I was also thinking I am the only one with this problem of postpartum bloated belly, but then I saw your post. I cannot say I am glad you also have problem, but it is good to know that is something common, what many women experienced. I do not have anyone close, my husband and I live far away of all cousins and friends, so I did not have any aunt to ask if bloated belly was normal or not. Real problem was because when I went in for my postpartum checkup, my doc did not check me to make sure everything was back in its place. He did not look if everything has back to the regular size. I guess that is why now, 6 months has gone by and my belly is still bloated, as well as my belly button. I guess we both need second opinion and one more doctor who could give us right answer. I hope everything will be ok with us and ours great boys, I will go soon to gynecologist, and I could recommend you the same, do not worry but make an appointment.

I want to share my story because I have discovered that it is a common one, yet I found nothing online about it relating to gas pain and pregnancy/postpartum.

About 2 weeks before giving birth, I experienced what i thought was either a contraction or severe gas. Except the pain was too high, right under my ribcage, and all the way around to my back. It didn't last too long, only a few minutes, and only happened twice. I did ask my OB about it, but she didn't know anything, she only shrugged her shoulders and said maybe it was the baby kicking way up there. I was doubtful but didn't push it.

About 3 weeks after i gave birth, it happened again, only much more excruciating and lasted an hour. then again twice in the fourth week. The last time I was also vomiting and having chills and fever, and the pain was so severe that I had my husband take me in to the ER (this was after suffering for about 16 hours.).

Long story short, I had a gall bladder filled with gall stones, some of which had escaped and were damaging my pancreas, causing pacreatitis. I had to be hospitalized for 5 days, and the surgery nurse told me that they get a new mother whose gall bladder has to come out about once a week in this relatively small hospital.

How come my OB didn't know this if it happens so often? In thinking about it, I'm pretty sure this was also happening with my last baby about 3 years ago. Pancreatitis can be quite severe, even causing death.

I am writing this because I am hoping I will help someone else. If I had found this info sooner, I could have done something about it sooner, causing less damage, not to mention avoiding several panic filled episodes of pain! If you have severe and chronic gas pains, Google pancreatitis and gall bladder disease, and talk to your doctor. It can be diagnosed with x rays, blood tests and cat scans.

Sorry for the typos, it is difficult to type with an IV in your arm.

~angela

Health Advisor

Dear users,

SteadyHealth doesn’t stop rewarding you. This time we decided to offer you our book “Plus-size moms: Lose the baby weight fast” completely free on Amazon in the next five days.

You can download it on the following link - http://amzn.to/1eX8yUw.

In it new moms (and and ones who thought about losing postpartum weight) will find experiences of real women who gave birth and successfully lost their baby weight.

If you are satisfied with content of our book, leave a comment on Amazon and help us to be better as we are here to answer your needs.

Health Advisor

Hurry and get your copy of our ebook “Plus-size moms: Lose the baby weight fast” for FREE. Our offer will expire in three days.

If you ever wondered how women can lose baby weight fast and in a healthy way, this book is for you.It can be great gift for your sister, friend, significant other, or someone else. Learn from real mother’s experiences and bring back your great figure.

If you like our book, please leave us a review on Amazon and help us reach other people. 

Health Advisor

The end of our free promo campaign for ebook “Plus-size moms: Lose the baby weight fast” is near. This is your final chance to have it for free as today is the last day of our promotion. 

This book is a must-have for every new mom which struggles with her weight. If you want complete guide for safe and fast weight loss after giving birth search no more.If you like our book and want to read more real experiences in future, please leave us review on Amazon and help us in our mission.