Hi everybody. I'm scheduled to have a nerve block into my foot soon, and would realy appreciate some feedback to the following questions I have. For example, I've been advised to have his done under general anesthetic – what do you think? Also, what exactly does the procedure involve?? How long does it take? Does the block result in pain-free time?? When will I be able to return back to work (a desk job)? Thanks in advance, and sorry for asking so many questions.

Hope this reaches you before you have the procedure... I have RSD or CRPS in my knee. The first block I had was into the upper inner thigh right into the. But, for me id di not went well - I had a terrible reaction and RSD pain got some 10 times. As a result I ended up in emergency. Pain doctor then went to a conference and took my file and got the word from some international experts that Clonmazepam and Neurtontin would the things to use and to do nerve block through the spine which affects the lower extremities.

There is nothing to worry about. I have already had two. The pain management doctor will explain the procedure which boils down they drew a small circle on my back and the doctor said that I will receive a shot there which will burn for a few seconds. You will have an IV with some mild pain meds. Unless the doctor says otherwise, there is absolutely NO need for a general at all. The entire process takes between 20-30 minutes tops. However, please make certain you tell the doctor about your anxiety, which by the way you described it, it should be quite evident. The doctor can always adjust the amount of meds he/she gives you. Seriously, you will be fine and I wish you well! By the way, my RSD is in my right foot, so I can understand your feelings.