Hi, I would like to know if RSD can follow an psychological disorder, since my father might be diagnosed with it. He has experiencing extreme back pain, and shows neurological degradation.

Hi, you should know that detection of reflex sympathetic dystrophy is crucial for patients who suffer pain syndromes. Since complications are difficult and debilitating, early intervention and prevention are essential in treatment approach. Some professionals believe that RSD is not a syndrome; RSD is a phenomenology, as it is manifested with in multiple medical disorders like vascular, inflammatory, neurological, etc. RSD sometimes occurs as a result of immobilization accompanied by significant pain, avoidance behavior. RSD can be internally, psychologically made, as seen in Munchausen's g ' s (malinger) syndrome.

Hi, I am 37 years old. I had a lateral release to my right elbow in July of 2005. After almost 1 1/2 years of PT, I had surgery again Feb of 2007 to remove sutures & the elbow was eragated & looked at to make sure that there was no loose nerve because I was still in pain. Now it's Aug. 2007 & because the arm is so sore I am now in OT once a week instead of twice a week. I still to this day have pain, swelling at times, throbbing & burning. It seems to never stop. Now other parts of my body are hurting, I feel tired all the time. I can not sleep well, there are days when I don't even care to leave the house even when it's something fun to do. I have been on an antidepressant for months & now the dosage had to be increased. I can not remember the last time I felt good, or even had a good day. Most of the time I push myself & pray for :( dark time so I can retreat to my bed (my comfort zone) & watch t.v. till I fall asleep. signed help, do u have any advice or literature you could send me.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & ATTENTION.