When I got married my mom told me that she suffered toxemia when she was pregnant with me. She also said I might experience the same condition as it is said to run in the families. Can you tell me more about it? I am in the 10th week now.

The actual cause of toxemia is not known actually. The possible causes may be genetics, nutrition, or autoimmune disorder. Some of the risk factors may be high blood pressure or kidney disease before the pregnancy occurred, caring twins (or triplets), and obesity. It is more frequent among black women. A woman may even not notice any symptoms, this is why it is crucial you have regular check ups with your doctor. Now, you shouldn’t be thinking what may happen, just take good care of yourself and stay in touch with your doctor. I am sure everything will be just fine.

hi and im happy for u ..and i had toxemia with two of my babies and it is dangerous.the name toxemia is also used for preeclampsia.

it is when there are abnormal substances in the blood(some cases) it can induce labor and be fatal to mom and /or baby.if the blood pressure get to high. if you think ur at risk or not at risk,please have ur blood pressure checked often it can be a lil' or alot meaning mild or severe when severe it can bring harm i almost lost the babies and died myself my ladies weight in at 3 lb 7oz and the 2nd was 2lb 2oz they both survived and they both have resparitory problems but overall are healthy and the youngest is about to turn 5 on the 26 this month ..so be happy and enjoy ur pregancy but have a doctor keep checks on youand tell them your concerns there are test usually if you have it they keep check on the proteinin urine..i didnot know i had it until it induced labor for me..

congrats to u and family.. :D