I am 18 years old and I lost my virginity a week ago today and I've been experiencing problems ever since. About 2 days after, when I went to the bathroom, it hurted really bad at the end of me urinating. Then, when I wiped, there was blood, not like period blood, but light red blood. I thought this pain would go away but it's been a week. I also feel like I always got to go to the bathroom. Even when I don't have anything to drink, I have to run to the bathroom. Me and my boyfriend didn't use protection, instead he would pull out. Could I have a UTI? Is there any over-the-counter medications I could take to get rid of this pain? Do I have to go to the doctor? If you have an answer, please email me at:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private emails not allowed **

Thank you! ;-)

You need to go to a doc to see what it really is. It could be UTI but not necessarily.
Do you still bleed? Or was the bleeding just from rupturing the hymen? Can you tell the difference? If it were from hymen, it would be just a few spots or similar, there wouldn’t be a flow.

Has your boyfriend been tested with STD’s lately or was he a virgin too? Your symptoms do look like UTI’s, and it happens often for a girl to experience this infection after either first sex or after having sex with a new partner for the first time.

Most of the time, it is bacterium E.coli that causes UTI. However, it happens that STD’s like trichomoniasis and chlamydia cause UTI too and then, there’s another course of treatment.
This is why you need to see a doc for proper evaluation. I wouldn’t play with bacteria as they can travel to the kidneys and cause an infection there, which you wouldn’t want.

You can get bleeding from an STD (sexually transmited disease of the uterus). I would promptly go to a doctor for an evaluation and to get tested because if you have an STD and it goes untreated, you can become infertile which would not allow you to have children.

Good luck, Kelly

hey, the same thing happened to me this week as well. Painful urination especially at the end of peeing. Uncomfortable bladder. always feels like you have to pee but when you go there isn't really much urine.

just go to the doctor.. you'll be fine. i'm on medicine now.

it sounds like you had cycstitis. its a very painfull urine infection. Although sex is not the cause of this it often occurs after alot of sex and is often referred to as the honeymoon disease. if you take a wee sample to your doctors they will just test it and give you a course of regular antibiotics - if it is cycstitis there will be no need for a smear or anthing embarrasing so dont worry!

p.s i would start using a better form of protection pulling out can still get you pregnant and still give you STI's.
Good Luck

Pulling Out is not a form of Protection at all.....and should never be used as a suppliment for protection.....

Reasons being...

Even before a man releses he emits Pre-ejaculation ...which is why alot of the time Condums are the one of the best answers to protection.

Wow our stories are almost exactly alike except I'm 19 and I used condoms most of the time and used the pull out method a couple times. My boyfriend was a virgin and has been tested for an STD, like me. But afterwards I got the itch and it kinda hurt to pee, I figured it was like a uti or someting so I got some anti-itch cream. While it works for a short time, it's not fixing the problem. I went to the doctor to start birthcontrol, where I had a PAP smear done, it came back normal. So if I had anything wouldn't the pap smear have told me? I'm going to go to the doctor in a week because this is getting annoying.

I just lost my virgintiy 2 days ago. It didn't hurt like crazy. I'm not going to say i was sooooo good right away, but it was quiet unconfortable. He started slow and then he got into it. I immediatly started to bleed alittle. I got out of the bed when to the bathroom cleaned and went to put on my pants. I didn't bleed again until I had to use the bathroom the next night then i started to bleed and i know it wasn't like period blood it was like a cut. I haven't bleed since except for spots. It should end soon so don't worry.

this has been helpful in making me feel like in not the only one.
i loast my virginity a couple days ago to my boyfriend.
i am 16.
it wasent as bad as i thought.
i dont really have alot of pain.
the peeing thing is driving me crazy,
i always feel like i have to pee.
but it doesent really burn when i pee. but almost feels like the muscles inside me are going to explode.
being in school its miserable to have to run to the bathroom every half an hour when nothing even comes out.
do you think this problem wii go away on its own ?
i really dont wanna go to the doctor.
that wouldn casue drama to my parents about loosing my v card.
im just praying its not an std. and that this problem will go away soon.
thanks guuys:)

i lost my virginity to someone who is very tight. at times it would hurt to stick my "john" in but it would hurt. And now I have red, almost like scrathes on the inside of my skin. Is that Normal?

I have the exact same problem almost every time after I have sex. I was diagnosed with Cystitis about 6 months ago and have been dealing with it ever since. It can be regulated by staying away from caffeine, soda, sugary drinks. Mostly just watch your diet and eat healthy foods. I drink cranberry juice almost every day and it has really helped. Just be cautious and if you feel odd while your having sex or doing anything, chances are your going to have a flare up. So it's best to stop. It sucks, but it's the best way.

Also, you should go to the doctor just in case. Plus if it is cystitis, your doctor will be able to give a list of things to stay away from. If it's something else, they can figure it out and treat you.

Ahh, i'm having a very similar problem. I'm 16 and i just lost my virginity last week end and i don't want to see a doctor because my parents will flip out about this. The person i lost it to was also a virgin and it didn't hurt very much when we did it. But now i keep having the same sudden urges as though i need to go to the bathroom and it hurts at the end of when i urinate, but as some one already said.. its not a burning feeling but like my muscles hurt. I'm on the pill aswell if that has anything to do with it, i just need to know if it'll go away or should i go get it checked out or what?

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT U HAVE A URINARY TRACK INFECTION ALSO KNOWN AS A BLADDER INFECTION ; DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE NOTHING ELSE BECAUSE IT CAN IRRITATE IT EVEN MORE. THEIR ARE PILLS CALLED "KEFLEX" THOSE ARE ANTIBIOTICS FOR YOUR BLADDER &` IF IT GETS ANY WORSE THAN IT COULD LEAD TO A KIDNEY INFECTION . TRUST ME U DNT WANT A KIDNEY INFECTION ITS VERY PAINFUL & U`LL NEED TO BE HOSPITALIZED. ANY FUTURE INFORMATION YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO SEND ME A MESSAGE.

I lost my virginity last year to my bf and I had the usual bleeding for a couple days. The thing is my bf left right after and I hadn't been with anyone since than. I just had sex a day ago, and I'm bleeding again and it stings when I pee only.

Hey,
so my bf went less than half in with his D***, it wasnt the first time and it didnt rly hurt(just the usual), an hour and half later I found a little bit of blood in my underwear, and when he fingered me two days later there was a spot of blood on his fingers. Was that my nymen breaking???He never went fully in though, and I didnt feel something tear! fast forward a bit, he goes in halfway and if he tries to go a bit more it begins to hurt..a.k.a doesnt easily just slide in and make its way. Was that earlier time me breaking my hymen?was it something else?(if so is it normal)

I am genuinely confused