heyyy well i lost it on the 17th of sept. && on about sunday it started to hurt when i pee but im suppose to get my period sometime this week. My pee has lil drops of blood but nothing big .

is it noraml for it to hurt when you pee with a little bleeding ?

As a female I can answer this. Well first off whn you're having sex during your first time your hymen rips which is a thin layer of tissue in your vagina. So because of this you will have discomfort for a couple of days. Don't worry. It will go away in a couple of days but can last up to a week in a half. Its normal I went through that too.. try wearing a light pad to avoid spotting... Hope it helps... :-)

Is this true for all women though? I was under the impression that not many women have had their hymen ripped by the time they have sex. Is that the case?

yes not everyone's hymen rips on your first time but a lot of females will. Some females may rip on accident i.e. if horse riding or bicycling or if you get hurt.

That's exactly right and I don't think that's why it's a good idea to try to use the hymen as an indicator of a loss of virginity. Thanks for posting some support on that one. Are there other instances too?

Monica,

While what has been said about the hymen is true I think you are having another very common problem that often happens to women after having sex. I believe you have a urinary tract infection. The symptoms of a urinary tract infection are: feeling like you have to pee a lot but when you try nothing or very little comes out, it burns when you do go, your urine has a small amount of blood in it.

You can clear it up by simply drinking lots of cranberry or pomegranate juice, myself I find that pomegranate works faster but it is also more expensive. Drink 3 or 4 8 oz glasses of the juice and lots of plain water for a week and it should go away.

My Dr. told me that all women should go pee after having sex so it will flush out any bacteria that may have gotten into the urinary tract during sex and just by doing that you can prevent any problems in the future.

So this is nothing to worry about but if you are still having problems after a week of drinking the juice you need to see your Dr. as you will probably need an antibiotic to clear it up. Your Dr. will also want to verify that you have a urinary infection before prescribing medicine but the test is fast and easy. All you have to do is pee in a cup and the Dr. will check it under a microscope.

So don't worry, you will be and are fine! Like I said, this is very common even if it is your first time.

One last thing, please be sure to always use a condom so that you can be sure not to catch anything else that can be much more harmful or even fatal to you. Your life is worth much more then the extra expense, time and annoyance of condoms, so don't let any man talk you out of using them!! Unless you are ready to be called Mom and he is ready to be Dad, you should never be without the safety of a condom.

Hey there. Do you have any other instances where you could injure your hymen? It sounds like there's a lot of things that would cause it to rip on acciddent.

Hi bluedog sorry haven't been on this lately.. well to answer your question yes there can be other things that can cause it to break. Basically any type of rough or physical activity. The most common are if you get hurt, lose your virginity or horse ride (anything that may have rough contact with that part). Don't worry about it so much. :)

Hope this helps...

:)

Hey, I just lost mine last Tuesday. April 16th and it's been a week and a day. I still kind of have that burn with blood when I pee. My boyfriend used a condom but he's really really big. Could it be of his size or irritation caused by the condom. How long do you it would take to heal?

I lost mine may 13 and it burns when i pee. no blood though

It doesnt matter how big it is if its your first time it will still hurt

Hey this is happrning to me right now, i lost my virginity a vouple days ago and im having problems with peeing too. It hurts when i pee and when i finish it still feels like i need to pee but nothing wont come out. And i was wondering what happens if i dont drink the juice, will it still go away by it self ?

Omg! Tysm!! I thought i was going to die or something i was so scared omg i needed to hear this tysm! <33 o;

Same with my boyfriend's and mine still hurts after a couple days

I lost mine two days ago and it hurts when I pee. And it feels weird. So I'm okay though right??