I am interested to hear something about possible Prozac side effects in bipolar patients. Also I am curious why my son recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder is prescribed the combination of meds involving Zyprexa, Lithium and Prozac and actually the thing is that Prozac withdrawal could be very tough and I keep wondering why Prozac in bipolar patients- I mean should lithium be enough? Thanks!

Bipolar disorder involves mood changes that ranges from manic episodes to depression and sadness and therefore common bipolar disorder treatment includes lithium which is the most prescribed mood stabilizers that is effective in managing manic episodes symptoms and on the other hand Prozac went prescribed to treat another extreme episode of bipolar disorder-depression for the Prozac is anti depressant whose side effects may vary from mild to severe but Prozac most common side effects are nervousness and anxiety as well as appetite loss along with diarrhea, sleeping problems but also increased sweating, headache accompanied with nausea and so on but generally over the time those Prozac side effects are manageable and as for its withdrawal I don’t think that your son should face it regarding the fact that bipolar patients are usually lifelong prescribed with meds like these in order to control the illness.