My 23 year old daughter is diagnosed with bipolar disorder, she has what is called manic depression and now she is on zyprexa one pill of 10mg daily. I’d like to hear something of zyprexa effects as well as of the possible zyprexa side effects for I have started to worry over the possibility that one of the zyprexa effects might be zyprexa addiction.

No I don’t think so, but it’s always better to check the zyprexa taking and use it as it was prescribed, so your daughter shouldn’t be taking more than 10mg of zyprexa daily. And as for zyprexa effects they are very satisfying in treating schizophrenia and acute manic episodes. Zyprexa actually is not such typical antipsychotic and its purpose is to block receptors for few neurotransmitters in the brain and it’s not only used to reduce manic flare ups but also to maintain these disorders on “normal” levels. My child suffers from bipolar disorder and though it’s been years now he didn’t have any flare up he is still on medications and usually it is zyprexa which shouldn’t be mixed with alcohol or with some other strong drugs or medications, also smoking is advice to be avoided. And it may increased the sugar blood levels in organism, my child has gain lot of weigh since he started with zyprexa . Also zyprexa side effects might be-sudden non wanted head, neck, arms, body or eyes movement, but also dizziness, constipation, dry mouth and hypotension.