I have several Zyprexa questions. How effective is this medicament? My sister has been prescribed with this medication for her bipolar disorder. She has been suffering from manic depression for almost two years and now the doctor decided to change her therapy. I would just like to know something more about this new drug my sister will have to take.

Zyprexa is an antipsychotic drug. Most simple explanation of its effect is to say that it affect chemicals in the patients brain. Beside condition your sister is suffering from, it is also used to deal with schizophrenia. It is not meant to be used for conditions similar and related to dementia. AS for side effects it can cause frequent urination, weakness, fainting, unusual thoughts. These are serious symptoms that should alarm her to stop with the medicament immediately. Anyway, I hope that this drug will help her deal with her illness.