Psychotic mania is something I had chance to meat in my childhood. I have watched a great number of movies where it is mentioned. But now I have to learn something about it for real. I have a task to write about it in my school newspapers. Somehow everyone thinks I am the right person to write about that. I am joking of course. Can you tell me something about psychotic mania?

You should not joke about this kind of things. It is very serious condition that some people have. Some people suffer from recurrent attacks of mania, which in its pure form is associated with increased psychomotor activity, excessive social extroversion, decreased need for sleep, impulsivity and impairment judgment, and expansive, grandiose and sometimes irritable mood. In severe mania, patient may experience delusions and paranoid thinking indistinguishable from schizophrenia.