I have heard a lot of time terms like mania and hallucinations. I did not take it too seriously because I thought that it can happen only in movies. How wrong I was. My brother's son has mania and hallucinations. At least that is what I have heard because my brother and his family live in Africa. I have heard that he hers all kind of strange sounds see visions of white dressed female and that he believes that it is his angel. Can you tell me something more about mania and hallucinations?

Both of these conditions are often present in bipolar disorders. For mania it is characteristic high energy levels, positive mood, irritability, inappropriate behavior, creativity and mystical experiences. Hallucinations are commonly present at schizophrenia but it can occur in bipolar disorders with depression or manic psychotic features. Sound hallucinations are more common but it can be so real for person who is hallucinating that he can feel, touch, see or even taste things that are not real.