My brother has a son with a Tourette syndrome. He is 6 years old. He is very sweet boy but all of us in family are worried. He heard that people who have Tourette syndrome sometimes want to hurt themselves. So, does anybody know can people with Tourette syndrome hurt themselves?

As you can imagine, people with Tourette's syndrome may have many problems. They are more prone to hurt themselves on purpose. Some TS sufferers develop self-injurious behavior. These people feel the need to cause themselves pain, to make themselves bleed, and generally just hurt themselves. Behavioral problems may be related to the emotional stress they feel because of the tics.

well then life will be very hard and there is no praying because i been thru to much and no one understand this or oh i need to grow up this is just in my head don't let this control you like really forget everyone