I’ve been experiencing the symptoms like irregular heart beat, nausea, dizziness, and since yesterday flame throat. I don’t even have strength to see doctor. I am afraid that he might discover some serious heart condition.

Hey it doesn’t mean that you are suffering from significant heart condition because of the way you’ve been felling lately. Sometimes even sever flu symptoms are dizziness, nausea, flame throat and irregular heart beat. Although I would be careful with irregular heart beats if I were you. Palpitations can be associated with irregular heart beat, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, dizziness or light-headedness.

I have been having similar problems since Jan '07. I'm a super healthy, active 21 year old female.
I thought I was having a heart attack. Sharp pains in my heart every time I breathed, dizziness, ect. Went the the Dr. and my EKG came out funky as did my blood work.
My Dr thought I had an inflammation of the cartlidge around my sternum or a clot. Went the the hosp, had CAT scan and more EKG's and blood work... all the same results. They didn't find any clots, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong.
So, yeah. Now it's May and I'm still having the same problems.

I had similar problems in high school. Severe chest pains, like a knife going into my sternum. I went through a barrage of tests and found nothing. Often they would be accompainied by hyperventilation. On one trip to the emergency room in a small town the doctor there told me it is an inflammation of the chest wall, common in young females, often it is brought on by stress or excessive use of the muscle itself. She had a name for it...sounded like osteroprisis but that was certainly not the word (its been over 10 years - sorry I can't remember it!). Anyway it disappeared after a few years.

Kai

I'm right in there with the rest of you. Over the past 7 months I've experienced irregular heartbeat. It feels like my heart seizes up just for a moment. It comes at random times...several times a day or once in several weeks. Other than this, I'm a heathy 23 year old. I've been to several different doctors, and none of them can figure out what it is. I even had an EKG done and it came back completely normal. The only thing I can do right now is minimize my stress and just keep going. Have any of you out there tried different medications or herbal remedies that have helped you? I'd really like to know. Thanks!

Sarah

12 years ago I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse, a heart condition where the valves of your heart flutter. It causes irregular heart beat, but I was told it was not serious, and would be able to live my life fully. There was one thing the DR. didn't tell me, however. Mitral Valve Prolapse can come with it's very own Syndrome, by the same name. This can cause a myriad of problems, including affecting your blood sugar, temperment, make you feel as if you are having a heart attack, cause panic attacks, hyperventilation, etc. If you are experiencing these symptoms, but your DR. hasn't diagnosed you with MVP, you may have the syndrome, which can be present even without having MVP.

I know it sounds strange, but there are plenty of books out there on the subject if you are confused by your Dr. visits and need more information. When I was diagnosed, little was known about this disease, and I had to do my own homework.

Good luck!

Hi everyone. Getting your thyroid levels checked is important! Request the TSH test when you have lab work done. Hyperthyroidism makes your heart race. I was diagnosed with Graves disease about 13 years ago after the birth of my son. I was on medication for it for about 2 years and my gland "reset" itself according to my dr. My thyroid level has been normal since. Men are much less to have thyroid problems than women and the majority of sufferers have hypothyroidism, when your gland is underactive. This causes a bunch of problems, fatigue, weight gain, etc.

Just a suggestion, have lab work done!!!!!

My problem was also thyroid-related. After I had my daughter, I had the stessed-out anxiety feeling all the time. I felt light-headed, my pulse would race constantly, and I had the shakes really bad. I wrote it off as stress until I had an initial check up at a new general practitioner's office. She discovered my thyroid levels were severely off-balance, and sent me to an endocrinologist. He diagnosed me with post-traumatic hyperthyroidism (e.g. your thyroid goes crazy after your body undergoes severe stress, like having a baby or being in a car accident,) and immediately put me on Tapazole and Toprol. The Tapazole was to regulate my thyroid, which is a see-saw experimental type of treatment. The Toprol was to regulate my heartrate (although it is designed to regulate blood pressure), which it did. It gave me chest pains for the first week or so, but after that my heart acted very normal. My resting pulse was 120 before I started the medication, and went down to 80-90 after the medicine got into my system. My Doctor recently found the right dose for my thyroid to act normal, and he took me off of the Toprol last week. Now my heart is acting up again, and I am calling my Doctor to see if I should go back on it. Of course my 3 EKG's and one Ecocardiagram in the last six months have shown normal, but I can still tell that something is wrong and my doctor usually catches it as well when he takes my pulse. If you are diagnosed with post-traumatic hyperthyroidism and your heart rate is abnormal, ask your doctor about Toprol.

HI
All my ecg results came back fine, blood tests, ultrasounds, no problems, then they did a treadmill teast, no problem until they got my heart rate right up and I collapsed, it turns out all though nothing wrong with the heart I have an electrical fault! They hope to fix it soon, but I am having almost like panic attacks, or blackouts, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea etc, so once I've had the procedure done I hope to put all that behind me.

i've read eerybodies comments and i've actually had some of the same symptoms. i"ve been having shortness of breath and irregular heart beats since jan 08. so i quit smoking. then came the pressure in my head when i stand up, facial paralysis, i lose muscle control, chest pain, pain in my left arm, now when i stand up i get so dizzy that i fall down, i feel something scraping in my lungs at night when lying down and i notice that when i lay in a certain position i can make my heart beat irregular. i dont think i should be able to do that just by lying down. i;ve been to a cardioloist and had an echocardiogram, ekg, blood work and ct scan on my head and my doc says im healthy. i also have phlem every morning for the past 4 months and head aches on the left side of my head. i thought it was maybe anxiety related but im not anxious or panicky. it even happens when im relaxing in the bath or reading or even laughing with my friends. i dont get it. does anyonehave some answers because i havent been ale to work because of this and i have a child to support. im a 23 year old female i quit smoking, dont drink, dont do drugs i dont eat anything with trans fats and i dont drink anything with caffeine, colas or teas or coffees. and i dont even eats red meats. take in the essencial fatty acids and everything. what is going on??? i did excavate a house that was full of fleas and animal feces before i got sick like this but my doc says that has nothing to do with it. someone please help me because these symptoms are getting worse day by day. thanks

I am going through this now! I am a 31 year old male and have had extreme exhaustion for years. I was told that I have CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome.) That causes the blood sugar imbalances (which means we need to eat low-carb, NOT no-carb. Think like a diabetic) and dizziness and widespread pains. The heart stuff really became strong over this past year for me. I found out about a syndrome called POTS!! (Postural Orthastatic Tachycardia syndrome) This could very well be what most of you are suffering from. It is becoming more and more understood.

Good luck and love to all!

I have had this and found out I was major hyperthyroid.

in the past two years i KNOW of 4 times i have ....#1 came to with my wife telling me she cleaned up my vomit in the bathroom and then questioned why the shower curtain was on the floor... the secondtime my co-worker was helping me up from the gravel of our smoke area and all i knew was my head was cramping in the back and he said it was because i had fallen straight back in the gravel onto my head....un-concious,an my work sent me home ........the doc gave me a sugar test that i passed then said i could have a "million dollar" mark-up if i wanted an that is so far out of reach!with-in 8 months an my 2 oldest daughters brought me out of a similar position by screaming "dad!"same head cramp....an just tonight i was in the very same corner un-concious on the floor of my bed-room when my wife's voice brought me out of a cold-sweat head-cramping mess of drool.WTF!

for every one who does the test for whole your body and every thing appear normal so i advice you to take inderal 10 mg for 3 times a day this will help u to make your heart rate slow down and you will feel better then your drowzins will go away but if you have any medical allergy ask your doctor before you take god bless you all

HI, My name is Brian. I am 39 years old now. I had heart palpitation or irregular hearbeat/skipped heartbeat since the year 2005. 1# happend when i was playing football. 2# while talking and laughing with friends.3#after playing badminton . visited the private hospital cardiologist. They did EKG, Blood test, scan, stress test, treadmill and found nothing wrong with my heart. they said i am perfectly healthy. now it has been 1 year, i never had the problem anymore. Finally i found out the cause of it. It was 1.STRESS. it can be exstream mental and physical stress. 2. ANXIETY, the problem is i know i am in any enxiety mood up until i feel the skip beats. once it happends thats when the anxiety become worse and the episod become worse too.

In my case , the problem was me. My lifestyle. so my recond is when the cardilogist report came out normal that mean there is absolutly nothing is wrong with your heart physically. what was wrong is your lifestyle.

Manage ur stress, do things relaxly, dont get too excited emotionally, or too worried, avoid multy tasking jobs, be happy, sleep well at least 7 hours a day. do some light walking. You know what! you will be amazed with the result. You can say bye bye to these symptoms forever. Good luck guys. I am so happy now...trust me it works.