My girlfriend and I had uprotected sex one time about a month and 2 weeks ago and her current period is about 2 weeks late. Yes it was a stupid move! This was also about 5 days after her last period. I did pull out in time and did not come inside her. She took the morning after pill within 48 hours. In addition, she took the pill early in her menstrual cycle. She has taken 3 pregnancy tests all coming up negative. All three were taken a couple days after she was expecting her period. Before her period was even due she was really stressing out about getting it on time. She stresses out about a lot of things by the way. We are now arranging to take a blood test for pregnancy since they are more accurate than urine tests. With this information, what are the chances of her being pregnant?? Can taking the morning after pill early in your menstrual cycle cause a woman to be late? When is a woman most fertile? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

5 days after her period ended is probably to early in the cycle to get pregnant. There is also only a tiny chance of getting pregnant when there was no ejaculation. The morning after pill does affect the cycle for a while, it might take a couple of months to get back to normal. I think you are probably worried about nothing, but to save this stress in the future maybe your girlfriend should consider some other form of birth control

Your girlfriend's period's delay is probably caused by the ECP (Emergency Contraception Pill, or monrning after pill). It can advance or delay her period, or make it lighter/shorter. I dont think there is much for you guys to worry about. Also, stress may be holding it back too, since obviuosly she is quite stressed out about this. maybe if she relaxes it will come eventually =)
I wish you two best of luck.

Hey,
Im in the same predicament except I was on the 4th day of my cycle when I had the same situation. I was wondering how it turned out and how long it took to get the period (as Im a week late but had a negative test). I am now totally freaking out.

Hey,
Im currently in the same situation, except that I was on the 3-4th day of my cycle and right off my period. I took the first pill 6 hrs afterwards. I was wondering how it turned out and how long it took to get her period? Im a week late and took a test which said negative. I am currently freaking out and actually feel as if I have completely skipped my period although that has never happend.

okay so i have the same problem. it was three days ago i took the morning after pill but only because both me and my boyfriend were worried about the chance since it was our first time. then yesterday which would have been our second time, the condom popped inside of me. but it was at the very beginning and so we know that he did not ejaculate inside me. but were worried about pre-cum. i'm taking the pill again, although i just took it not to long ago. hoping that it will be effective if any chance at all. what do you think? could i be pregnant? will the pill even be effective?

Okay i am really worried. I am 15 years old. I had sex Sunday night with my boyfriend (unprotected). He pulled out right before he came. I read on a site that guys secrete sperm throughout the whole sex act and if they rub their thing on your that you can still get pregnant. I have heard about the morning pill and think I should take it but am scared. I dont want my parents to find out. It was my first time having sex. I dont know howd I would get a morning after pill since i am only 15 years old. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My girlfriend and I took the morning after pill around 2 pm, then had unprotected sex the next morning around 9 am. We made sure I️ pulled out and did with plenty of time before I ejaculated. This is a week before her period normally comes? Should she take another pill or would we be fine?

Hi. I was in the same situation but I'm older. Did you get pregnant?