I had unprotected sex about 4 weeks after my last period. cycle is usually quite regular, mabbe a some days late. We were overseas, and where we were we couldn't get the morning after pill over the counter so I waited till i got back home, and took the morning after pill about 53 hrs after intercourse. Second pill was taken about 11 hrs and 15 min later

In 2 days time, it will be 2 weeks since i took the morning after pill, and close to 7 weeks since my last period. No period yet. Took a pregnancy test yesterday, 13 days after protected sex - Negative. What are my chances of getting pregnant?

You did an excellent job in getting the morning after pill!

The morning after pill can and does delay a period, so it is not abnormal for this to happen, although it is bothersome to you.

Take another pregnancy test in about 5 days, make sure it is an "early" kind, and if it is negative then you pretty much have to play the waiting game.

A doctor can give you a medication to bring on your period, but you would have to be checked out first.

Thanks Carifairy! Pardon my ignorance.. but when u say 'early kind'.. u mean take it first thing in the morning?

My worry was that coz I waited so long before i took the morning after pill.. 53 hrs after intercourse actually, that the chances of the pill working is super low :-( is that the case?

also.. ejaculation was pretty deep in, I 'dripped' again like 30 min or more after intercourse.. if ejaculation was deeper in does that mean I have higher chance of being pregnant?:-(

how long can the morning after pill delay your period for? As in.. if my period still doesnt come after a certain period of time, it probably means that i'm pregnant?

So sorry I have so many qns but I am so paranoid now I haven't slept well for almost 2 weeks...

LOL, I cannot seem to sign in today! :-(

When I say early preganncy test, there are certian brands that actually say "Early" on the box, and I have always reccomended those because they can be taken earlier in pregnancy than some other brands.

You do have 5 days to take the morning after pill, although it is most effective within the 72 hour time period, which you made.

The M.A.P can delay your period, but it is really an individual response as far as how long it will be delayed.

hi. i can't seem to find any story with all my criteria so i'm just going to make my own question...
me and my bf had unprotected sex 2 days before period my was due. he didn't cum but there was probably precum. i usually have quite regular periods. took morning after pill about 57hrs after sex. (because i was worried i didn't have my periods)... still don't have my periods (it's been 4 days since they were due, 7 days since sex)
my only possible explanation for not having my periods yet is that i had a very stressful week before that time (due to travelling), and i have been eating less as well due to jet lag and climate change.

please tell me if i should be worried.

i heard there is a 1% chance of pregnancy when u have sex so near before u epriods (and that is assuming he ejaculates. which he didnt) plus, if u take morning after pill before 72hrs after sex, it is 95% effective.
logically that makes it almost impossible for me to be pregnant. right?

AN EGG is already dead and gone about 2 days before a period.

The morning after pill will delay a period when taken so close your period, so this is not unusual.

Basically, you did not need the morning after pill, but you took it anyway.

Now, sex from earlier in the month could get you pregnant, even if he pulled out.

Alright, so i had an intercourse about 4 weeks ago, this took place towards the end of my period. My partner didnt ejaculate into me, yet i took a morning after pill right away the next day, i find my self 4 weeks exactly since i had intercourse and i still havent had my period. Should I worry about pregnancy?

Also an FYI I've thrown up once and I've had cravings for chocolate the last couple days even though i dont like chocolate at all...please help me out!

Thanks!

hi,
i had sex in the begging of first week of june. jun 5. he pulled it out just before it was gong to come out..but to be safe i took morning after pill.. my period hasnt come yet.. supposedly arnd june 26-30. we had sex agen in this week of juune.. june 22...and agen he pulled it out rite before...cud u please tell me what to do.. should i b getting another pill or the home pregnancy test?

Hi
My question is, I had protected sex with condoms all the time with my boyfriend. He lives in another city so we see our selves once month. after 3 months with out seeing him, we had sex, protected with condoms, but in one of the intercourses, I dropped too much fluid afterwards. so much that it was unusual. But since we had donde it with condoms, I thought everthing was fine. My period was supposed to show up during those days he was here. This was on saturday, I took the morning after pill on tuesday since my period had not appear and I was so worried. Mabe the condom was broken? and Im very worried. Like you mention previously, the egg is supossed to be dead by then´, but my periods re irregula, what if it wasnt and the condom had broken? I also have a sort of cramps, but then I check to see if my period has come but it hasn´t. Today is thusdays about 5 days since my period was supposed to show, 6 days since I had intercouse and the fluids, 2 days after taking the morning after pill. please help me, Ï get very nervous on things like this and I have not slept well since tuesday that my period just never showed.

Hi my husband and I had an oops and I took the morning after pill at the beginning of September I got my period on the 21st. But I have not had another since then. Took a pregnancy test last week but got a negative. I have no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP.

HI! i took the first pill 50+ hours after the intercourse, cause my bf ejaculated a little, like really really little, i managed to dig out some using my fingers because it's just stuck near the wall and my bf can see it through (pardon my rudeness or wtv you call it) i'm a bit nervous now, as my period was suppose to come 5 days ago, and after taking the morning after pills, my period still hasn't arrived yet and it has been close to 48 hours since i took the pills. oh and this is the problem, after taking one, i had an intercourse a very short one, without ejaculation inside, like really short and fast, and then 8 hours later i took the 2nd pill. i'm worried, i dont know what to ask, but i hope somebody can help me out here?

I am at my all time low and I need some guidance/help!

My period came last month around the 7th (of January) and I was off it around the 13th... I am not on birth control (although I should be) and I had sex 2 days after I finished my period, but the condom broke. I don't think he finished/came and then we had sex again, but didn't finish (and used a condom.) It is now the 18th of Febuary and I still haven't gotten my period. I took the day after pill about 20 something hours after sex and I got my period the next day after I took the pill... I also had irritation (itching) down there... I went to the doctor and she told me it wasn't an STD and to take Monistadt and I did and it stopped itching... but it was like I had my period again the next week. I took a pregnancy test and it said negative. My period still hasn't come... what should I do?

Hi, didnt really see this question anywhere so here goes:

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex for a few minutes before we switched to using a condom, however, I seem to have quite a bit of precum when getting very aroused, so immediately after sex, she took the morning after pill. Fast forward to today, 3 days later, she just took the pregnancy test and its negative. Thank goodness. However, since we both assume the morning after pill pretty much kills the egg, we had unprotected sex again this morning (Remember, she took the pill 3 days ago). I was only inside for a little bit, before switching back to a condom. My questions are:

1. What exactly does the pill do? I assume it kills the egg when taken, therefore, if having unprotected sex this morning, even with precum there wouldnt be any danger.
2. Now that I am reading the pill delays the period by "X" amount of time, is there still a risk of getting pregnant before her period finally arrives? Basically, between having taken the pill and period. ...

Thanks guys!

hi, i had sex with my bf may 8th, we used a condom but it broke, so i wrnt to get the morning after pill 12 hours later, my period want due till the 12th but it  is now the 25th and it still hasnt come. the only symtoms i have are cramps( like my period cramps) and my boobs are a little more tender. i was wondering if the pill would pospone my period for like a month? you see i am a little freaking out because i am only 16 but i am very matuer, im just not ready to have a kid, so pleassee help me and let me know what my chances are of being prego :(

Hi, my boyfriend and I had sex right after my period ended, and the condom broke. It's been more than three weeks now since we had sex with the broken condom and I don't have any pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts. I am on the pill but I took the first pill very late and then the second one at the time I was supposed to, so I don't know if I took my pill consistently enough for it to be effective. Within 72 hours I took a morning after pill because the lady at the drugstore said it's ok to take the morning after pill while you're on a birth control pill. I was supposed to get my period yesterday and I'm starting to get nervous. I know the morning after pill can delay your period, but even while you're on birth control pills? Because I always know when I'm getting my period because of the pill. Please let me know asap!