Hi
My wife had an operation to relieve pain from Trigeminal Neuragia.
The next day they found out that she had a blood clot, which they
thought would desolve on its own, as it was small.
Unfortunatley she deteriorated and her brain began to swell.
She had emergency surgery to remove the clot and reduce the preassure.
She was sedated for a week and is now conscious. Her right side is strong but her left side is weak.
She cannot speak or swallow properly has double vision and has a feeding tube and a catheter fitted.
Luckilly she knows me and still appears to be the same person as she was before.
It is now around 25 days since she had the surgery.
My question is how long is it likely to take for her to recover ?

Many thanks
Mike Ent

Hello there Mike Ent,

First of all I am very sorry that your wife has gone through all that and I can imagine how you must be feeling. Luckily she is still alive and the best answer for her condition you can get from her doctor’s. I know that this is not an answer you want to hear but you are probably aware that you need to get confirmation from her doctor’s because they know better than anybody else about her condition.

As I have already said it is fortune that she is alive because my grandmother died from the same condition. I hope that she will fully recover and that you will manage to find strength in next weeks.  

Hi Mike, I just got to read of your post. My dad just went thru the same situation as your wife. and had his blood clot removed yesterday, 2nd day after his first operation to remove a 4inch tumor on left front lobo. Today his speech is slurry, right leg weakness and memory affected. He is 70+ and worry about recovery. We are all worried about recovery and I write to ask of your wife's recovery over this year. Need for strength and so as to prepare my mum and family for changes. Thanks a million

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Same problem is wid my father ....really want to know hw much tm taken to recover

My daughter had brain tumor surgery on 22nd December 2016 and she is still unconscious till now can anyone tell how long maximum she be unconscious

Oh my god

same problem he got brain clot surgry on 22nd november 2016 and he is still semicoma till now can anyone tell how lond time it will take to get normal plzzzz

I know this is an old thread, but I just came across the original post from Mike Ent. If you are still linked to this post, I would be so grateful to learn how your wife progressed. Any learnings from the experience. My mother just had Trigeminal Neuralgia surgery. We thought it went well and a day after the surgery as she was recovering her blood pressure went up, her brain swelled and she had to have a blood clot removed. She is still not conscious and I’m completely distraught. I don’t know what’s going on and the doctors have only just removed the clot. Anything that you can share to help me/us understand what’s going on would be great. Thanks.