Is a pain in leg normal after having a blood clot?

I used to have problems with blood clots before and I often had pains in legs, it seemed like my legs didn’t cease to hurt, like my leg muscles were contracting all the time and that was pretty annoying and long lasting.
I was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis and I was treated several times and everything was fine afterwards. But what happened is that I developed a chronic pain and swelling of the leg. This condition is called phlebitic syndrome. It occurs weeks to months after the first clot appeared. This syndrome can result in pain, redness, thickening, and glossy appearance of the skin. Another possibility is an ulcer of the skin which can occur months to years after the blood clot.
Although the Post Phlebitic Syndrome may be difficult to treat, in time it is possible for the swelling to decrease to near normal. To help improve the syndrome, it is best to begin wearing elastic stockings soon after the blood clot.

I had blood clots removed from my leg also, the pain now is ten fold. I cannot walk at times and sleep is impossible.
Surgeon says to wait 3-4 months due to having to cut nerves and muscles.This is rediculous! I have elastic stockings but they are of no help.

I have blood clot problems as well but chose not to have surgery. Did it with warfarin instead. Was real scared about having surgery because if they have something out there that helps dissolve them then why take the risk of hurting my leg worse with surgery. Had a blot clot a year ago and it went away and I went off warfarin. Now a year later I have another one in the same leg but much bigger. It's 2 feet long on the inside of my right leg. Now I am on blood thinners the rest of my life. I would rather do that than have surgery. Surgery to me is to risky.