My friend had a brain surgery , the doctor's said he has water in his brain. he did it on the 10th of february, now he is better but he doesn't remember anything from the past not even his son. The doctor says that the memory will come back but i'm so worried about him and what if it didn't come? how long does it take usually? thank you for giving answers

You don't need me to tell you how much dangers are linked with brain surgeries and long term amnesia, as one of the possible consequences, is one of the more common post-op side effects. Its really hard to say what exactly will happen with your friends memory - it definitely will get better once his brain starts to recover from the shock of the procedure and the original condition, but much of it really depends on what part of his brain exactly had suffered the most.