My wife was completely healthly then out of blue had an episode of vertigo followed by weeks and weeks of nauseau and dizziness. Her ears are popping and are painful behind the ear now and she is no better. Docs say negative for Meineires, she has no hearing loss or tinnitus. After 6 months she is very depressed and can't work because of symptoms. We have tried chiropractor, and different supplements, no help. She can take ativan and phenergan, and they work, but the doctor said if she takes them, she won't fix the problem because they "mask" the issue in her inner ear. Diagnosis is Vestibular Neuritits. Is there an end to this, or do some people have it chronically? Should she just say screw the long term hope of recovery and take the meds that help? Thanks

I can’t believe this condition lasts for more than 6 months, I just hope it will be resolved soon as such conditions, like labyrinthitis and vestibular neuritis, usually resolve on their own, but sometimes it can happen that symptoms last for months.
Some of the causes of labyrinthitis and vestibular neuritis include: viral infection of the vestibular nerve (such as infection with the herpes virus) middle ear infection (acute otitis media) infection of the brain lining (meningitis).The vestibular neuritis is known to be occurring just once in a person’s lifetime and later, when it is cured, the symptoms could last for years. This is why your wife still feels dizziness and nausea. There are some medications you could use for nausea and dizziness, there are a few a could recommend but in case your wife decides to take some, she should firstly talk to her doctor. So these are Scopolamine, Promethazine, Prochlorperazine, Haloperidol, Chlorpromazine. This is what I know surely works when you are having nausea.

Drob, Has you wife been able to find any help because recently the exact same thing has happened to me. I had to drop out of college because the dizziness has become so severe, I'm only 18 I really need help.

I am a flight attendant back in Dec. i got of my a/c and got into the airport and my world was spinning......I had to stop right there......I have been to my general m.d. was sent home with meclazine.......then I have had brain MRI........showed fine just a sinus infection.......2 ENT doctor's...first one sent me to audiologist for ear testing etc...showed I have bilateral weakness..........and the other ENT said I have viral labrinthits.........been over a month now.........went back to general md.......sent back to ENT gave me valium, xanax, and antibiotic........symtoms have slowed down somewhat but get dizzy still EVERYDAY..........also going to vestibular therapy ....for ears.......at a PT clinic and do home exercises.........have been on FMLA now too.......going crazy and this has robbed me of my life..........at 35 y.o.

Hi Folks,

If you are interested in a Naturopathic route, I would suggest seeking out someone near you who has this SCIO machine. It is most definetely Physics meets metaphysics. It does not harm you in anyway, it just aligns your body back to the natural state, less the harmful toxins you have taken in during your life. It will also provide suggestions of what things you should do/not do, foods to eat/avoid...

***edited by moderator**

But you may be in a different area...all you have to do is google "SCIO"

Best of luck.
LD

I understand these posts are old, but hopefully I hear what became of your conditions. I have been suffering from dizziness for nearly six months. It sounds exactly like symptoms of drob's wife. Started with 1 episode of spinning vertigo followed by constant dizziness. (no nausea, and no spinning thankfully) I have been to 3 ENTs, 3 Internists, 2 chiropractors, cardiologist, neurologist, acupuncturist, Vestibular Rehab, etc... All tests come back normal. Not Meniere's, clear MRI, EKG, etc.. I am an airline pilot and cannot work because of this. -37 years old. Very frustrating!!!! Any info would be great. Thanks.

i know this is an old post, hope she is better.