I am a 55 year old woman who was diagnosed with a brain tumor after complaining of headache and dizziness. The MRI showed a cystic mass with a dark area next to the brain stem in the 4th ventricle. When I had surgery on 4-16-10, it was discovered the tumor was firmly attached to the brain stem so it could not be totally removed. It was shown to be Juvenile Pylocytic Astrocytoma which doctors said I'd probably had for some time - though they couldn't be sure. How long can it take to recover from this type of surgery? I had some difficulty coming out of anesthesia (per the anesthesiologist) and I was under for almost 6 hours vs. the three hours they had planned on. I am still having headaches, some dizziness and a little unsteadiness. It's been two months on June 26 but my husband seems to think that I should be fine and I'm beginning to hate him because I don't feel fine. Should I be better by now?

your husband sounds like a real as****e eh

Your husband is trying to be supportive and understanding. Remember he too is trying to do his best for you and is probably have a harder time than you appreciate. Be patient with him and for Gods sake don't turn him off.