Hi everyone,

I wish that there was a precise answer to this question although I know that it probably depends from a person to person.

My grandma is a very lively woman. Unlike other older people, she can walk for hours, she sings, she dances, she is awesome, I absolutely love her.

Unfortunately, her heart failed recently and she was taken to the hospital. Luckily, on the other hand, she is doing just fine and the doctors said that her life is not in danger, but I heard that it takes a lot of time to recover after this. Is this true?

Hi Lisa,

I'm very glad that your grandma is doing okay, it's a good thing to hear that your grandma is living her life to the fullest, at least it seems like it to me.

It does take a lot of time to recover after the heart failure. Some people require less time, while others require more time, it all depends of how big of a fighter the person is. Since it is your grandma in question, I doubt that she is going to need a lot of time, we are talking about 2-6 months here. This is just a harsh assessment though.

Hi Lisa,

I hope that what Health n Joy wrote is true, and that your grandma is indeed a fighter and that she won't require much time to recover after this, I know some people who took almost two ages to recover after this.

There is this thing called a cardiac rehabilitation program which helps people like her. She can go there and see for herself. They can teach her what to eat, how to exercise, how long should her walks be and stuff like that. Or she could just do as she pleases, she seems like someone who can figure all of these things out by herself.

Hi everyone,

Yes, she is indeed one hell of a fighter so this is going to be a bit hard for hard but she is definitely going to endure.

I don't know, I will talk to her about this program, if it is as you say it is, her doctor is probably already going to mention this program to her. I don't know, there are other people there and she usually likes doings this alone and on her own. Even if she wants to do it on her own, I'm almost sure that she is going to make it work, I tell you, she has a spirit of a teen.

I went to cardiac rehab after 6x bypass surgery and I highly recommend it. With her positive attitude I'm sure she will benefit from it tremendously.

Good day there everyone. Lisa, it is very complicated topic and it is really hard to tell for how long recovery process can last after the heart failure. Any kind of heart failure. For example, when my friend had silent heart attack, she was recovering from it pretty fast - she was on her legs in a less than month. Now, about your grandmother - it is a little bit complicated case and I believe that she will be OK, but her recovery process will last a bit longer than you have expected - maybe up to 5 months or so.

Good day everyone. I know to tell you more about recovery process after heart attack. And I need to tell you that it is definitely a little bit longer that you will expect. Well, you need to know that recovery process begins right away in the hospital. A person who is in hospital will be there for at least three days after a heart attack. If there were some complications during the procedure, person will be in the hospital a little bit longer. Doctors will let you go home when they see that it is safe. Usually when the procedure was not so difficult, the recovery process will be done in two months. 

Hello there. 6x bypass surgery? Are you serious? I had two bypass surgeries and I was thinking that this is the end of the world! After my first surgery I recovered pretty fast, but it was really hard for me to recovery from my second surgery. Maybe because I didn't have that positive attitude that you are talking about. I believed that this won't happen to me and I am very scared that this can happen again to me. I think that if I need to have one more bypass surgery, I would die before it. I admire you, even if I don't know you. 6 times having a bypass surgery would kill everything good at me but I can see that you are positive. Good luck.!

Good day there. It depends on how dangerous surgery was and how difficult it was. For example, when my sister had bypass surgery, she was recovering form it more than 5 months. She wanted to recover because she had something to live for - her kid. And she was struggling so hard, she was taking so many medicines, she had some therapies that she needed to have after it but still she recovered after five months. So I think that good and positive attitude is a key but still so many factors needs to happen that someone recovers fast. Good luck. 

6x means they bypassed 6 places not six separate operations.