Hi! I got a staph infection on my leg 9 days ago (Monday), started taking sulfameth/tmp ds tab 5 days later (friday) and on Saturday my labian minor started swelling up and it hurt like I was being tattooed inside. It hurt to sit down and it was so painful to pee. I thought I had started my period when I started bleeding and so I put in tampons for a day. I was supposed to start that day. The bleeding stopped Sunday but it became itchy that night before my doctor's appt. On the following Monday, I went to the doctor and it was confirmed by my urine sample that I had a UTI but when doctor examined me they said possible yeast infection but there was no discharge so they started heavily speculating that it was herpes. They did a curen test for herpes by using a swab on Monday and prescribed meds for UTI. Two days later(Wednesday) the test results came out negative. A new doctor talked to me today (Wednesday) and said that I should do a blood test to make sure but she seemed so sure just by looking at it. Is there anyway that taking Bactrum could cause me to get various symptoms from bateria possibly being released in body since meds were trying to cure the staph infection? All the symptoms I have are red swollen labian minor, inside the vagina does not hurt at all I found out on Monday when going through first exam. I don't feel in my gut that it's herpes. I really don't. Please help me :-( Mahalo Nui Loa

Hi! I know how it feels. I have a feeling that there's always something bad going on down there and I can never know if it's a UTI, yeast or some other infection. I never get any side effects from Bactrim, and Bactrim side effects in general are quite rare, so I would exclude that possibility. I would trust to the first test, since it was negative and you dont seem to have any other herpes symptoms. You have no lesions nor blisters nor painful ulcers, right? Yo should do the blood test just to make sure and possibly rule out what's causing it, but really I doubt you have herpes. Please let me know the results. Take care.

thank you so much for your reassurance. I get the results tomorrow(Friday) and I don't have any lesions at all and whenever I had a bump or anything I had the doctors check them out and they always confirmed it was in ingrown hair and razor burn cuz I shave a lot everywhere since I dance. It's red and sore around the clitoris and below. I have looked at many pictures of herpes and haven't found a match. There is just no way. Thank you again for your reply. Will let you know Friday. Much Aloha