Ok so i've searched EVERYWHERE for an answer, and i don't know what else to do! I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me a pill to combat thrush, but seeing as he didn't actually examine me I think he got the wrong infection... especially as it's not getting better at all!! So i'm going to try here... i don't want a diagnosis, just i'd really like something to relieve my symptoms!

On Tuesday i had a sore area at the back of my vulva, nearest the anus...i had a look but couldn't see anything, and i had sex at the weekend and it was rough and unprotected so i assumed some sort of tear... He is (was :-P) a virgin so he can't have given me an STD...
Anyway, Wednesday i looked again when it was even more sore and i found a little white mark, a bit like an ulcer, on my inner lip...I've been watching it since and it's got steadily worse, more and more painful and more and more spots... It hurts most when i wee, I think when the urine passes over the spot things... i've also got a thick creamy discharge. I wouldn't say i have any itching (another sign it's unlikely to be thrush) but burning when i walk or even when i'm lying in bed! I woke up crying in the night with the pain of it, and it's ruined days at school where i'm walking like a penguin and trying to pretend i'm fine!!!

Now i don't really want to have to tell my mum, but i'm going to have to tonight if i can't get better, because i can't even go to the toilet with the pain!!! The last few days i've had to run myself a bath, take some paracetamol, and pee in the water- and even then fight the urge to scream!!

Please PLEASE help me- does anyone know of anything that might help relieve the symptoms?! I've read about a million sites saying to wear cotton pants blah blah blah- that really doesn't help me if i wear them anyway and i'm still in all this pain!! What i really need is a topical cream of some sort that will help the burning, or some advice on going to the toilet! I'll go back to the docs if it hasn't cleared up in the next day (that thrush capsule is supposed to take 2 days but so far its only got worse =/) but i'd really rather avoid it because he's my parent's best friend and he's always coming for dinner (in fact i think he's coming tonight) and i'll be sooooooooooo embarassed if he's seen me naked!!! I'm desperate, i don't know what to do... please somebody help me!!!! :'(

Just thought I'd let anyone who read this that I'm still in huge amounts of pain. I can hardly walk and my vulva is swollen... the sores seem to be leaking fluid, but some have dried now, making them even more sore. I'll have to go another day without the doctor at least because tomorrow is bank holiday, and I still haven't told my mum or got her advice- the right time just never seems to come! The painkillers don't work, and it's getting more painful to urinate again, though drinking a lot seems to help (but also makes it worse as i need to urinate more often!)

Please, any ideas? I've got to get through one more day in pain, and any suggestions are appreciated!!

Ok, another update!
Urine test said I have a UTI..... so i'm on antibiotics now for that... unfortunately I know it's not a urine infection.... or not only a urine infection =/ For one, the antibiotics really aren't helping...secondly, i have totally different symptoms to my mum when she gets them. The pain is sharp and localised, rather than dull and in the abdomen, and the discharge and sores suggest something different entirely!

Some of the sores have dried up and are hard and crusty, making them prone to being caught on clothing and hurting more... some have gone red like they're bleeding just under the skin or something, those are the most painful...some seem to be skin coloured and some have turned white again. Most of them are seeping fluid that is clear and doesn't smell. I don't know whether these are showing different lifecycle stages of something or if i'm just home to tons of different bugs...

My discharge is now milky white, and the consistancy is similar to semen. Tonight it smelt foul, like it was rotting or something. My vulva is really inflamed and swollen- you can see it through any underwear i wear because it's so huge!

Did you ever find out what it was? I have similar symptoms and it's brutal... :-( I feel your pain.

Hi

I have the same symptoms. Did either of you find out what was wrong?Is it herpes?
I am in so much pain :-(

I have the same thing, did any of you figure it out?
I'm going into Planned Parenthood on Tuesday for a PAP exam.
I'm pretty sure that what I have is Thrush, but it could also be herpes.

I am going tomorrow. I can't believe I'm praying for thrush!

Let us know what it ends up being, I'm praying for thrush as well :[

The doctor said she's pretty certain I have herpes. I'm getting some tests done to find out if it's type 1 or 2. If it's type 1, it's very unlikely that I'll suffer a recurrence. This comes from oral sex with someone who has or has had a cold sore. If it's type 2, I can expect to see it again.
I'm not sure whether to tell the guy I'm sleeping with. He has definitely given it to me. But, I really don't fancy the awkward conversation, especially if I'm not going to get it again. What do you think?

I think I'm going to wait until I get the results.

Yeah the clinician that I saw said the same thing. She did a swab test on me as well.

I would wait until you got the results if it's someone that you're sleeping with and certain he gave it to you, so that it's conclusive what type it is.

He probably doesn't know that he has it so getting feedback to either watch when he's giving oral, or that he has HSV-2 and needs to watch himself.

I would definitely talk with him about it, just for the sake of communication, but the decision is yours completely. Just take things as you see it.

Luckily Herpes is more of a nuisance to live with rather then something life threatening.

Yeah true.

Thanks for your help! Good luck :-)

Hi i think i have the same thing. Mine are like little white sores..almost like canker sores. They aren't by my vagina but like in the middle of where you pee and my vagina. I can't use the bathroom without almost screaming and crying! What helped you use the bathroom. I am a HUGE water drinker and i haven't been drinking any because i'm scared to use the bathroom!!!

As far as using the bathroom goes, I just ended up getting a box of vinyl gloves (I got mine at the local beauty supply store, not sure where else you can get them) and putting them on before I go to the bathroom. Then I would spread my inner labia apart using my index fingers and get in a squatting position over the toilet so none of it flows down.

It's not foolproof, and it's kind of awkward, but it's way better then the excruciating pain you get otherwise.

It's sounds like herpes go to your doctor ASAP and tell your partner to go get tested as well

Hey I'd treat it as you would treat a canker sore. When I get them, I use Kanka. It's a numbing liquid that puts a protective coating over the sore. You ca find it in any oral care section of a drug store.